Small bugs with 1710

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jimbob_sf

Small bugs with 1710

Post by jimbob_sf »

I'm running MM on Win 8.1 Pro x64, portable. I have the program installed on a network share and use the /inifile switch to point to the database: \\Server\Folder\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe /inifile="\\Server\Folder\MediaMonkey\Portable\MediaMonkey.ini". I have MM also running as a local install on a Server 2012 R2 server (same domain) as a service so I can have an always-on Media Sharing service (works fine).

Bugs (didn't see any with a quick check, so apologies if these have been reported already):
1. Double-clicking on the title bar (top bar of the app) doesn't maximize the app like many Windows apps do.

2. Tools | Options | Library | Appearance. Ignore prefixes when sorting by Artist works (I use The as the value) and the library sorts according to this setting. However, in prior versions, MM would also ignore that prefix when hitting a letter to get to that letter in the library. So, pressing "t" takes me to the first artist with "The" at the beginning. It will find "The Animals" before "Talk Talk".

3. Tools | Options | Library | Metadata lookup has been odd since 1708.
a. For a bunch of Simon and Garfunkel albums, it pulled the face of some guy as the album cover. I had to use the Auto Tag from Web (Amazon) to get the proper cover art. That's just an example, but the album art that has been pulled down since 1708 has been maybe 3/4 correct where it used to be nearly perfect all the time.
b. It's inserting a bunch of HTML at the beginning of lyrics. This is the text that appears at the beginning of every song I imported this morning. The lyrics that appear after this HTML are correct, so it's pulling the right data, but not stripping what appears to be internal code to retrieve the data.

<script>(function() {var opts = {artist: "Franz_Ferdinand",song: "Right Action",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};})();</script>
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: Small bugs with 1710

Post by Lowlander »

mcow

Post by mcow »

jimbob_sf wrote:2. Tools | Options | Library | Appearance. Ignore prefixes when sorting by Artist works (I use The as the value) and the library sorts according to this setting. However, in prior versions, MM would also ignore that prefix when hitting a letter to get to that letter in the library. So, pressing "t" takes me to the first artist with "The" at the beginning. It will find "The Animals" before "Talk Talk".
I've noticed this for a while, but I can't say if any earlier version behaved differently. I agree with your desired/expected behavior.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Doubleclick on title bar expanded for me 1710
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

The lyrics problem was targeted to be fixed in 4.1.5 and is claimed as resolved/fixed, maybe it's not quite right yet in current build.
....see mantis link posted by Lowlander in thread provided by Lowlander above.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's set to be fixed in 1711, the current beta is 1710.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yes, duh! I didn't notice Ludek's note at bottom of report. Thanks Lowlander.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜