Thread Creation Error

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

crutchcorn

Thread Creation Error

Post by crutchcorn »

This... I hate this. It happens every few hours no matter what, there doesn't seem to be a connection with it, and when it does, it spawns infinite of these dialogue boxes and my UPnP on my phone stops playing. This has happened for about a year and I never reported cause I always told myself that it was my issue... Still might be but is driving me bonkers! (not y'all's fault. :) I love MM and could never leave)
This is a screenshot, just blurred my background
dtsig

Re: Thread Creation Error

Post by dtsig »

First, what version of MMW are you using? Second does this happen while mmw is running or are you connecting through the service?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
crutchcorn

Post by crutchcorn »

dtsig wrote:First, what version of MMW are you using? Second does this happen while mmw is running or are you connecting through the service?
This happens when I am running MMW on my desktop. I am currently on 4.1.6.1725, however this has been a long standing issue
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

man is this still here? last time it was a memory issue? but I thought it was fixed in mm 3.

run though my helpful links page in my signature and see if one of the links on it have the answer. I know I posted one to the other answer just can't remember which post link on the page it is?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
crutchcorn

Post by crutchcorn »

rovingcowboy wrote:man is this still here? last time it was a memory issue? but I thought it was fixed in mm 3.

run though my helpful links page in my signature and see if one of the links on it have the answer. I know I posted one to the other answer just can't remember which post link on the page it is?
Alas, it is. I looked through them a little, couldn't find something that seemed relevant.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh sorry I just can't remember but I had this issue in mm 2.xxx so I know its an ever returning issue for some people. answer in mm 2 was to if I remember correct ? update the ms jet.
and or replace the ram chips. one of those ? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
crutchcorn

Post by crutchcorn »

rovingcowboy wrote:oh sorry I just can't remember but I had this issue in mm 2.xxx so I know its an ever returning issue for some people. answer in mm 2 was to if I remember correct ? update the ms jet.
and or replace the ram chips. one of those ? 8)
One problem, I'm on 8.1. Can't see reference to Jet anywhere for anything past 7.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_ ... ne#History
Not only that but my RAM sticks are fine, I've ran many many tests on it.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

so I wonder what they changed from ms jet too? maybe that needs updated? if that is even the issue for you? I see you have another issue requirement for you needing to use admin. could both these be connected? :-?
crutchcorn

Post by crutchcorn »

rovingcowboy wrote:so I wonder what they changed from ms jet too? maybe that needs updated? if that is even the issue for you? I see you have another issue requirement for you needing to use admin. could both these be connected? :-?
As do I. And that's what I was thinking too... But I dunno if that's the issue. I was wondering if they were connected as well; they both talk about issues creating strings...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

have you ever got the updates for your win 8 yet? I know in win 7 they kind of made it an full automatic thing but not sure in win 8. I'm thinking though that rusty or Jiri are going to have to get to you on this one as I really think its both issues connected. did you make a debug report of it yet. that will help them find the issue faster. check the debug forum to find out how to make the debug report. 8)
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

As you are on Win8 I would strongly suggest you try the beta (debug) version as a portable install first. See if it takes care of the problem. It might not but ... I had similar but on Win7 quite a while ago.

Then, as Rovingcowboy says .. create a debug log and submit it to support. This explains the reporting process Reporting Bugs
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
crutchcorn

Post by crutchcorn »

dtsig wrote:As you are on Win8 I would strongly suggest you try the beta (debug) version as a portable install first. See if it takes care of the problem. It might not but ... I had similar but on Win7 quite a while ago.

Then, as Rovingcowboy says .. create a debug log and submit it to support. This explains the reporting process Reporting Bugs
I'll see if that works, and if not then just send files
MrMikey

Post by MrMikey »

Hi I'm new :D
I've just purchased a MM Gold License am running MM v4.1.8.1751 on Win 7 SP1 and I randomly keep getting dozens of "Thread Creation Error. Not enough storage is available to process this command." dialogs.
Followed by an "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Error - abnormal program termination." dialog.
A forum search led me here (I notice this is a beta testing forum). If this is the wrong place could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks Mike
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It seems like this error is usually related to some addons, do you have any addons/scripts/plugins installed (besides a standard MM installation)?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MrMikey

Post by MrMikey »

nohitter151 wrote:It seems like this error is usually related to some addons, do you have any addons/scripts/plugins installed (besides a standard MM installation)?
Thanks for the prompt reply.

the only addons/scripts I've got are those bundled with the standard installation.

I've just got about half a dozen "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Error - abnormal program termination." dialogs, while I was away from my PC for a short time, (there wasn't any Thread creation ones this time though). Looks like something is going wrong in the Visual C++ runtime library.