Auto-playlist disappears when re-sorting [SOLVED]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dmcritchie

Auto-playlist disappears when re-sorting [SOLVED]

Post by dmcritchie »

Hi,

With v1728 of MMW, I was trying to re-sort the Recently Added auto-playlist to be by Album Artists, Album, and Track. When I clicked OK, all my playlists disappeared from the Media Tree. I then foolishly tried to sync to MMA, and my auto-playlists disappeared from MMA as well.

I have now upgraded to MMW v1733, and my auto-playlists have returned, and it also remembered my new sorting preferences. Yeah!

So I then sync'd to MMA, and my auto-playlists were not restored. Not sure if this is a MMW or MMA bug, but thought I would report it here in case the original problem is still present.

Just FYI, I only have auto-playlists: no custom playlists.

Thanks,
Dennis
Lowlander

Re: Auto-playlist disappears when re-sorting

Post by Lowlander »

dmcritchie wrote: and my auto-playlists were not restored.
Where on MMA or MMW?
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

>> and my auto-playlists were not restored.
> Where on MMA or MMW?

Sorry. They remained restored on MMW but remained absent on MMA.

Thanks,
Dennis
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are they set to sync?
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Well, I admit I'm not sure where to look for that. The device is set to sync, and Playlists are set to be visible under the Media Tree option. Also, when they originally disappeared from MMW after resorting, they also disappeared from MMA after sync'ing. So i'm guessing that this playlist is set to sync. But I looked in a few places and couldn't see where I could control an individual playlist to sync or not sync.

Dennis
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's set in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the tip, Highlander. I keep forgetting about those auto-sync tabs!

Yes, that was no doubt the main problem. Now that I fixed that, it seems to be trying to sync the playlists as well, but I encountered other problems along the way. After making several setting changes, and starting syncs and then cancelling them, it started a sync that resulted in a DB error in MMW. I took a screenshot (JPG file) and submitted it with ticket id #ZOR-694-21323.This DB error only happened once.

This error then halted the sync of course, and subsequent syncs have been trying to download all the 1150 music files again, even though they are already on the phone, and can be seen with MMA.

Is it safe to allow this sync to proceed, or will it duplicate the files or the database entries as seen by MMA?

Thanks,
Dennis
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Sorry, I meant to write Lowlander! As a highlander myself (by ancestry), it was a natural mistake... :-)
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

I think the above scenario is probably too hard to reproduce. I've now deleted all the tracks from my phone, and uninstalled and reinstalled MMA, and hopefully I'll be ok for a while.

I'll open another thread if I encounter more problems.

Thanks,
Dennis