1745 build w/Win 7 & iPhone 5 synch failures

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Ski6

1745 build w/Win 7 & iPhone 5 synch failures

Post by Ski6 »

Up to this point, I have been synching this device successfully for a few years.
Now I have factory reset my iPhone several times in the last couple of days, but have not been able to synch more than 3 or 4 playlists.
I don't get the helper 64 assert crashes with the latest, but it is far from useable. I have been able to synch a couple of playlists, then I attempt a 600 song one and it goes from streaming to pausing a few minutes between songs after the first 200 or so songs. It never completes and trashes the iPhone db.

Does the terminate context menu option work? I mean, will it roll back the synch session, or does it just stop the process?

It has been a while, so I don't recall where it is, but can you send me a link to the method of synching that doesn't use iTunes? I know it was slow, but it I recall that it worked.

Thanks
Ski6

Re: 1745 build w/Win 7 & iPhone 5 synch failures

Post by Ski6 »

Yikes, after the last synch attempt, it trashed the iPhone db to the point that the iPhone music player won't launch.
After cold starting both my pc and iPhone, MM no longer "sees" the device.
Answered my own question: Don't bother with Terminate, just kill MM, your iPhone music is toast either way.

Word to the wise: back up your iPhone. You will lose your album art, but it is far better than losing all your phone data and settings!
Ski6

Post by Ski6 »

Sorry about the blog...this should do it.

I reset the phone, did the 600 synch, OK, did a 300 song playlist, OK, monitoring the task mgr, did 2 more playlists (101 total), OK!
Looked at the phone music app again, and about a dozen songs were there (maybe genius decided which to synch :D ) and 2 of the playlists were then empty.

The MM iPhone node shows everything as it should be, and the all the songs are certainly taking up their space on the phone. No slow down, no crashes this time, but the failure is the same.

I give. Android is looking better and better.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Could you please generate debug log, (item 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341) and post it to eSupport by opening new ticket ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit ) and attaching the zipped debug log. Write the ticket ID here please.
Ski6

Post by Ski6 »

ticket #DSF-228-85515
Ski6

Post by Ski6 »

I tested build 1748 on the iPhone with the db in a corrupted state (hey, its just testing). After several synchs, manually deleting empty playlists and adding/removing playlists in the MM synch list, I was getting the goods on the device. All my playlists are less than 1000 tracks; most less than 100.

A bit over 1000 tracks and no slowdowns; No empty, missing, or partial playlists. This morning I added a few more little playlists and then a couple of larger (>100) ones and it emptied most of the existing playlists and left about 100 tracks visible on the device. As before, the tracks are still taking space on the iPhone, but can't be seen by the player. The MM iPhone node shows all playlists as fully populated*.

*I still need to confirm this on a reset iPhone, but I have been seeing a potential issue (regression?):

I have a track in an autoplaylist and the same track in a standard playlist. MM previously handled this by having both playlists point to the same physical file, rather than put redundant tracks on the device. Currently, the common track is omitted from both the playlists on the iPhone and the MM iPhone nodes.
Ski6

Post by Ski6 »

1751 build:
Took the 4.3 upgrade, did not update iTunes to 12.1.2.27 (wonder if I should have?)

Important: I only sync playlists.

Restored phone. Tried to sync a playlist, it missed a few tracks. I tried a few more and they were complete. Evenutally I got most of the tracks in the incomplete one.

Important. Turned off pc and started again in morning.

Tried a few playlists. MM completed, but iphone showed the rolling arrows for a long time.
It also showed the music as reset to factory; no playlists, no tracks.
I yanked the usb cable when I got tired of waiting. Rolling arrows stopped, and MM crashed (ui vanished).

After a scan the MM iphone node showed the playlists as missing.
Important: Went into itunes, it showed all the tracks (which I could play), but no playlists.
On the device, no playlists, but the music was visible (most album art gone).
Back into MM, did another sync, it deleted some tracks, but now all the playlists are visible on the device.

Verdict: Seems more stable, but playlists are still an issue.