MM3 Will Not Follow Playlist

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

wgardenhire

MM3 Will Not Follow Playlist

Post by wgardenhire »

When working in Files to Edit, Duplicate Files; as I am going through the list, when reaching the end of a file, MM does not play the next file in the list. For some reason, it seems to jump to a random file. I have tested this with a file of short duration and the ensuing file is always different. Any ideas.
There are Angels among us.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

the player plays whatever is in the 'now playing' list... it does not play the node you have selected... you must enqueue the files you want..

also, you may want to ensure that 'auto-dj' or other scripts (like scrobbler dj etc) that auto enqueu tracks are off.

and lastly, make sure that 'shuffle' mode is off > menu > play > shuffle unchecked
wgardenhire

Post by wgardenhire »

Teknojnky wrote:the player plays whatever is in the 'now playing' list... it does not play the node you have selected... you must enqueue the files you want..

also, you may want to ensure that 'auto-dj' or other scripts (like scrobbler dj etc) that auto enqueu tracks are off.

and lastly, make sure that 'shuffle' mode is off > menu > play > shuffle unchecked
OK, I turned the playlist on so that I could see and yes, that is exactly what is happening. auto-dj and shuffle are always off and I do not use any scripts. Is there a way to get MM to follow the list in Duplicate Files? Am not sure I understand what is meant by enqueue the files I want.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

wgardenhire wrote:Is there a way to get MM to follow the list in Duplicate Files?
I don't think so...
Am not sure I understand what is meant by enqueue the files I want.
Enqueue simply means load them to the 'now playing' list which is the list that the player plays...

You can enqueue a number of ways, one way is simply to select the tracks and press enter..

Or right click and choose from 'play now', 'play next', or 'play last.

You can change the default 'double click' and 'play now' actions via tools > options > Player..
wgardenhire

Post by wgardenhire »

Teknojnky wrote:
wgardenhire wrote:Is there a way to get MM to follow the list in Duplicate Files?
Teknojnky wrote:I don't think so...

You can enqueue a number of ways, one way is simply to select the tracks and press enter..
Just did not understand the term, I use the right click function all the time; I tried Edit/Select All/Enter and that worked just fine. Thanks so much.