ActiveX control warning when playing files with cue sheets

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Frod

ActiveX control warning when playing files with cue sheets

Post by Frod »

Hi there.

When trying to play a file with MediaMonkey and the Cue Reader 5.2 script, I get a warning "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?"

I have tried enabling "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting" in all zones (Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites and Restricted sites)

I have also tried this:

1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0

But I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) RC, and there is no key 1201 at all, only a key 1200, which is already set to 0.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Frod
Eyal

Re: ActiveX control warning when playing files with cue sheets

Post by Eyal »

Have you tried to create the 1201 entry?

In HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0 in regedit,
right-click the right pane -> New Binary Value -> name it 1201.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Frod

Re: ActiveX control warning when playing files with cue sheets

Post by Frod »

It worked!

But I did not create a new binary value; I created a DWORD (32-bit) Value, because it appeared that all the other similar entries were of that type.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Frod
K1ckEM

Re: ActiveX control warning when playing files with cue shee

Post by K1ckEM »

Finally! Thank you! :)
But, can anyone tell me what i actually change witch this registry hack? Don't want to open my pc for hackers...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It allows ActiveX objects (such as the MediaMonkey COM object) to be called from webpages as long as the html source is stored on your computer. You shouldn't open this up for the "Internet" zone, but zone 0 is the hidden "My Computer" zone.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Ignotus

Post by Ignotus »

Hello, I do realize that this thread is nearly two years old. However, the information herein solved my problem and I had some difficulty finding this information. If it had been dated more recently or had mentioned MonkeyRok, I believe I would have found it much quicker. I have MonkeyRok installed, and I believe that is what was triggering the "an active x control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page" error every time I would start MediaMonkey 4.0.6. Like the original poster, I too am running Windows 7 x64, however since this is 2012, it's SP1 and not a release candidate version. :wink: Even in 2012, there still is not a registry key for 1201 at the given location. However, creating the key (DWORD 32-bit) and giving it the value of 0 (zero) solved the issue like it did for the OP. I tried tweaking just about every IE9 setting that I thought would be relevant and nothing worked until I found this. :x
I would have just added this to the long MonkeyRok thread where I first saw the same solution posted, but that thread is locked. I didn't try it when I saw it there because I didn't have the 1201 value in my registry and that solution was posted in 2007 before Windows 7 was released, so I didn't think it applied. When I finally found this thread and saw that the OP was using a version of Win 7, I tried it and it worked. I only wished that I had found it much sooner. With this bump and mention of MonkeyRok, perhaps anyone else that runs into this will be saved the headache that I endured.
VinceBS

Post by VinceBS »

+1 Ignotus

I face the same issue after I get bored to get this message each time I opened Mediamonkey!

Solved now for me as well!