Couple of bugs in 4.0.0.1459

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

lordphoenix

Couple of bugs in 4.0.0.1459

Post by lordphoenix »

When I add new tracks (i.e. a new album) by going to file->add/rescan file to the library, the files are added but the folder for the album is not shown in the albums list. I must first close the list, then re-open it for the album to show.

MM always opens on the same screen, instead of the screen it was last open. The last version did not do this and would open on the screen it was last open, which was really nice as I use dual monitors.
Lowlander

Re: Couple of bugs in 4.0.0.1459

Post by Lowlander »

1) Did you try to refresh the view (F5) or open close the Album list. I believe that new Albums are added here though.

2) That tends to indicate that MediaMonkey isn't closing properly. This can be verified by checking the Task Manager after exiting MediaMonkey and see if MediaMonkey.exe disappears or not.
Ninjabear

Re: Wrong Dual Monitor screen selected after reopening MM

Post by Ninjabear »

Lowlander wrote:1) Did you try to refresh the view (F5) or open close the Album list. I believe that new Albums are added here though.

2) That tends to indicate that MediaMonkey isn't closing properly. This can be verified by checking the Task Manager after exiting MediaMonkey and see if MediaMonkey.exe disappears or not.
I have the dual monitor issue as well.

I tried to look in the task manager to see whether media monkey closed down properly and it did get removed from the list. After restarting MM it ended up back in the left monitor instead of the right one again.

EDITED:

I should add my pc specs as well:

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
9600gt graphics
Dual Philips 190cw monitors on VGA cables
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 processor
4gb DDR II memory
1 x 160gb hdd SATA II
1 x 500gb hdd SATA II
TP Link PCI Wireless N Adapter: TL-WN951N
Media Monkey: 4.0.3.1426 (latest)
Last edited by Ninjabear on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
HaraldBluetooth1963

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

It's the same for me on my dual monitor setup. MM always start on the secondary monitor, not my primary :roll:

I'm on a windows 7 ultimate pc with the latest version of MM and this behaviours already started with the beta versions 4.0

I have a ATI Radeon HD 5670 card with HDMI to my HDTV.
HaraldBluetooth1963

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

Accidentally I solved my problem by "shooting MM down" with Windows Task Manager, while MM was hanging, when I tried to close MM.

Before that I had moved MM from secondary monitor to my primary monitor. Even after a reboot, MM still opens on my primary monitor, what a relief :D
Ninjabear

Post by Ninjabear »

I tried to close MM using task manager but it refused to close. Aparently this has something to do with other programs borrowing MM's DLL files. I tried closing other applications in task manager but MM still wouldn't close so I still can't figure out what's causing it.

Some help from MM staff would be appreciated.