Minor album art bug

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DJSigma

Minor album art bug

Post by DJSigma »

This is a very minor bug, but I thought I'd report it anyway. To make it happen, do this: -

1. Play a song from your library that has album art - the album art is displayed as normal.
2. Close MediaMonkey.
3. Double-click any music file that has no album art embedded into it.
4. MediaMonkey will open and play the file, but it will display the album art from the song you played in step 1.
Lowlander

Re: Minor album art bug

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce with 1460. No art is shown for me.
DJSigma

Post by DJSigma »

It happens every time for me. For instance, I play a track from the Nirvana album shown in my library, I close MM, I then double-click on a podcast that has no album art embedded into it and MM opens and plays it, but the Nirvana album art is still shown in the player: -

Open the full image in your browser and you'll see what I mean, cos the forum has cropped it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can't no longer try to reproduce as I'm unable to get files opened with MediaMonkey 4 in the first place.

I'd suggest sending a debug log (step 4b) to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

I just installed MM 4.0.1.1461 and am experiencing a similar bug. When you first open MM everything works fine. If you highlight a file with embedded album art, you can see the album art. If you highlight a file without embedded album art, no album art shows up. But after you doublclick a file to play it, and then go and highlight any other file without album art, MM shows album art from another album. Actually, it appears MM adds 2 additional album art pictures to all files. One is a very low resolution picture. It's not actually modifying the MP3 file, since closing MM 4 and reopening it puts everything back to normal, until you play a file. I'm running W7 64 bit.