MM Crashes when Art Browser Active

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

zugdar

MM Crashes when Art Browser Active

Post by zugdar »

Just started using MM on Win 10 and loved it until...

Every time I get into any music tab the Art Browser viewer makes it crash. The problem is that MM remembers the last option I had so the instant I do a search or any other tabbed function it crashes. Anyone have this problem or know a fix? Tried maintaining library functions, clearing and reloading the program, and removing and rebuilding the library too as an FYI

Win 10 Pro
i5 skylake processor
Lowlander

Re: MM Crashes when Art Browser Active

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using MediaMonkey 4.1.9?
zugdar

Post by zugdar »

The most recent version. 4.1.9
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture the crash in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Bemused

Post by Bemused »

I am very new to MM - just a few weeks of use, not yet a registered version, and not using a Beta build, so maybe this doesn't belong here - but I seem to have experienced this bug. Everything works fine as long as "Show Art" and "Show Art with Details" are off. When these are selected the program crashes as soon as any file is selected in the Media Tree. It appears to attempt to show the artwork then the Application exits. It will play okay using the context menu in from a Windows folder. Can probably follow up with the crash report if needed...

MM 4.1.11.1783

Intel i5-2430-m
8 gig Ram
Windows 10
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A debug log would be best as there seem to be no new reports on this for a while (thus it's likely something particular in your local environment).