Setting a grade makes the timeline skip back out of sync

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

krilbe

Setting a grade makes the timeline skip back out of sync

Post by krilbe »

When a track is playing, if you set its grade by clicking the grade area in the timeline, the timelines skips back a couple of seconds, getting out of sync with the actual playback (which is undisturbed). Subsequently, when the track ends, you get several seconds of extra silence, while the timeline catches up. Often you even get a segment of the track's end replayed during that "catch-up" interval.

Each click on the grade area causes the timeline to "glitch".
Lowlander

Re: Setting a grade makes the timeline skip back out of sync

Post by Lowlander »

I presume you mean changing the Rating?

Which version of MediaMonkey and which Output Plugin are you using?
krilbe

Post by krilbe »

That's MM Gold 4.1.11.1783 running on Windows 7 64 bit, and the output plugin is MediaMonkey DirectSound output (out_MMDS.dll) with these setting:

Primary sound driver
Enable hardware acceleration
Crossfade tracks (4 seconds)
Do not fade in new track
Remove silence at the beginning/end of track
Smooth pause
Smooth seek
Smooth stop

I just tried to uncheck all these options, but it made no difference.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could try switching Output Plugin or switching Audio Device from Primary Sound Driver to the actual sound solution.
krilbe

Post by krilbe »

Yes.

Tried to switch to speaker output with the same output plugin. Same problem.

Tried output plugin MM WASAPI output with default device. Better - the timeline usually doesn't skip, but it "glitches", i.e. it's redrawn, and sometimes playback also glitches, like a very short (~1/10 sec) stop in playback. On occasion, the timeline made very large skips, like 50 % back.

Trie waveOut output plugin. Timeline skips back (and sometimes forward) like with MM DirectSound output plugin, but not quite as much (mostly shorter skips). Changing the buffer settings doesn't seem to have any effect (tried max settings as well as min settings).

So, while different output plugins and output plugin settings seem to affect the behavior, I was unable to find a setting that's flawless.