[SOLVED] Sync operations now impossible Note 3

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

[SOLVED] Sync operations now impossible Note 3

Post by terryo »

Windows 10 with MMW 4.1.13.1801
Samsung Note 3 with Android 5.0 and MMA 1.2.0.0608

After months of great and flawless functionality with both MMW and MMA, the latest updates tossed some kinks into the process.

Samsung Note 3 doesn't reliably appear in MMW. Often when it does, the Window with the tabs "Summary, Auto-Sync (-->Device)... does not appear even after the Phone and Card have been scanned. (music is all on the card) Sometimes if I wait long enough it pops up minutes later.

Sometimes when I am able to start a sync, the progress bar does not appear. The banner near the bottom of the screen is present but no progress bar and nothing happens.

When I am able to complete a sync in MMW, a window in MMW pops up showing huge numbers of files are not accessible. In MMA, the deselected folders don't go away and new folders don't appear. Existing folders are not updated. The only change appears to be some folders are emptied.

No software or apps have been changed or updated on either my PC or the Note 3.
terryo

Re: Sync operations now impossible with my Note 3

Post by terryo »

Well the complete absence of any replies tells me the USB sync feature is no longer supported. Maybe you should just be up front about it?

You successfully forced me to go the excruciating slow wi-fi sync. Seems to work well, but don't like waiting 30+ minutes to do my more than weekly syncs.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Cann you make screen shots of MMW and How it detects Note 3?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Post by terryo »

After recovering MMW from a database crash, my Note 3 now reliably connects and a number of niggling little oddities went away. I don't know if that is cause and effect, but I am happy to be back in proper operation.