iPhone music sync, connection resets with more than ~5 files

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

raiden63

iPhone music sync, connection resets with more than ~5 files

Post by raiden63 »

After updating to the latest version of MediaMonkey, I can no longer smoothly sync music to my iPhone. I will try to sync 5+ files at a time, and while copying over the 10th file or so, it will hang for a minute, then disconnect and reconnect the phone to my computer, successfully copying only the first file sent (seemingly, whichever file you selected with the shortest length). This issue seems somewhat intermittent, as occasionally it will work as it once did, but it's short-lived.

After the MM update, I figured the problem was that MediaMonkey was optimized for iOS 10 while my iPhone was still on 9.3.5, so then updated iOS. Problem still exists. Not sure if this is on Apple, Windows, or MM.

Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
iPhone 5, Model A1428, iOS 9.3.5 & 10.0.2, AT&T Carrier
Media Monkey 4.1.14.1813
Peke

Re: iPhone music sync, connection resets with more than ~5 f

Post by Peke »

Hi,
USB connection drops out usually due the bad USB Cable (felt it is person) or device connected thru HUB.

Please open support Ticket and supply us with debug log http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=1&t=341.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
raiden63

Re: iPhone music sync, connection resets with more than ~5 f

Post by raiden63 »

Well. ahem. Turns out the problem was the port. I did not think to swap the cable into a different USB port.

Apologies. Nonissue.