Last Played/Play Count not updating (Intermittent problem)

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

BlindRock

Last Played/Play Count not updating (Intermittent problem)

Post by BlindRock »

MMW: 4.1.125.1895
MMA: 1.3.6.0887

I have got this problem for a about a year now.

This is Intermitent sometime it works and some other it dosen't.

Every time I try to figure it out and I play a few songs and it works fine all the time... Then I listent for a few hours of music and when I synch.. Nothing is updated.

For exemple: If I look at some track properties on WWA I can see the last played time is "19-12-06 00h36" and the played count is 10. But in MMW it is still "2013-05-05 19:47" and the played count is 9.

I also have a few song with another rating on the WWA that I did change during the few hours. Lets say I put 4 star on two songs that where unrated. I notice that they still have nos star at all. If I pick one of them, and just add/substract to keep it at 4 star and synch the device. It work fine for some reason. But the played time did't change and the 2 other song are still unchanged.

Like I said. I would play only that track and then make a new synch and it could probabbly work fine... It's like if I listen to more than a certain amount of file that It failed.

Last night I tried a few song on a specific playlist, I synched a few time and everything was working. I let the list played overnight and this morning there is nothing new that have been played according to MMW since my previous synch. And I saw that 89 track have been updated while synching. SO why it is not showing up in MMW?

This is killing me! Can someone help me on this?
BlindRock

Re: Last Played/Play Count not updating (Intermittent problem)

Post by BlindRock »

Not sure yet, but I think I migth have found something.

I did UNINSTALL the MediaMonkey as SERVICE yesterday and yet it seems to have fix another of my problem that I have been experimenting for a while. For some reason all my sort order that I used to have on any of my playlist on uPnP servers where sort alphabetically on my WWA. No matter how I configure my sort order on my MMW.

Now the synch work fine and the sort order react like it is supposed to. Like I said it is intermitent, so I will use it without the MM service for a while and see how it goes.
Peke

Re: Last Played/Play Count not updating (Intermittent problem)

Post by Peke »

I just tested today and I managed to replicate problem, which is good news.

Unfortunately there is bad news. Problem is only happening if Service is started under different credentials where it has different settings and library so it is normal to not sync and DLNA behavior is different.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts