Crash when adding/changing metadata or cover images

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Joseph Procopio

Crash when adding/changing metadata or cover images

Post by Joseph Procopio »

Media Monkey crashes whenever I try to change metadata to an entire album or add a cover image to an entire album's worth of songs. It started doing this maybe 2-3 months ago. It never did do in the past (I've been using the same functions for years without problems).

I am currently using the most recent version of Media Monkey of Windows 64 OS (the same OS and computer I've been using for 3-4 years without these issues).
Peke

Re: Crash when adding/changing metadata or cover images

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please make sure that you are using latest MMW version from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 54426&sd=d

Also it would be valuable if you can make screenshot from main Crash report window (there is a link for more details in crash window) as that would tell us where to look and what to suggest you do next.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
JoSeph procopio

Post by JoSeph procopio »

It crashes entirely (i.e., closes MediaMonkey) without even producing a Crash report window. I've checked multiple times to ensure I am using the latest version of MediaMonkey. Is there another way to access crash reporting data? I looked through all of the drop down menus but didn't see anything that seemed to lead to such reports. This has been going on for about three months now. I've rebooted my computer multiple times in that period (specifically to try to address this issue).

Thanks for any help.

--Joe
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you try to temporary install MMW portable (Select portable during install) To c:\MMTemp and see if you can replicate?
Best regards,
Peke
Joseph Procopio

Post by Joseph Procopio »

Pavle,

I tried your recommendation. Under that new install that you suggested, I am now able to edit metadata in Properties without resulting in a complete crash.

Does this mean I need to now abandon my old install? Is there no way to fix my original install, or am I going to have to reinstall all of my scripts and playlists to the new install?

--Joe
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to do a UI reset and if that do not help repeat reset UI and delete MediaMonkey.ini from c:\users\<USERNAME>\Appdata\Roaming\MediaMonkey (you can cancel first start wizard)
Best regards,
Peke