MM3 Skin editor

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Dreadlau

Re: MM3 Skin editor

Post by Dreadlau »

kiwichick wrote:Well that was quick Lol. I go to Objects / Edit / Frame but there is no Client.
IIRC you have to create it then.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

Post by Guest »

This could help: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&p=238198
Eyal wrote:Hi Dip,

You souldn't have any problem highlighing text in the searchbox.
Just make sure you have at least one saved keyword within the list:

Type a word to search and press ENTER to save it to the list.
Highliting should work afterwards.

For more info: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 89#p236960
and http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=45525
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

"Type a word to search and press ENTER to save it to the list. Highliting should work afterwards."

Thank you Guest whoever you are!!! That was it exactly.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Dreadlau wrote:
kiwichick wrote:Well that was quick Lol. I go to Objects / Edit / Frame but there is no Client.
IIRC you have to create it then.
Dreadlau
the objects in all the skins should have a client thats how they were first made. but your right if not there just add the client then do the rest. :D thanks. 8)

kiwichick
this not having a client is because of the skin your are using it was either copied from a skin by an author that did
their own coding or was one the author took it out.

but all the original skins had clients with every object.

which is why in my fast newbies walkthrough i say to use the original default royal blue skin
(which is hard to find and does not even work on mm3 anyway )
or use my recolor of that skin which is now updated to mm 3 and has all the stuff in it.
my recolor is my skin called "The Blues monkey."

and that is why i said you need to know how to skin in order to do this. glad one of the other skinners here was able to get you to the right place.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, In the first screenshot the part of the panel that's dragged to resize is gray, but on the second screenshot that part has no colour and I would like it to be like the first one. What part of the them do I edit to change it? Hope that makes sense. Cheers.

screenshot 1:

screenshot 2:

Eyal

Post by Eyal »

kiwichick wrote:What part of the them do I edit to change it?
Theme.mskn
Objects \ Panel \ Frame -> Color

You can also double-click Color's value field for more choices.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Awesome Eyal!!! Thanks heaps!!!
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Ok maybe not as awesome as I thought.

It only worked because I copied the colour value from the first theme and pasted it into the colour value on the second. But it has created a "copy of Frame" sub-object instead of changing the original Frame object. Clicking on Frame or Copy of Frame both show the colour as changed. But if I delete the Copy of Frame, the colour reverts back. Is this what is supposed to happen?

If I don't copy and paste but use the drop-down menu or double-click the colour value field (or even manually type in the colour code from the first theme), the field value changes but the theme itself doesn't. See how I've changed it to clBlack but theme is still white.

DreadM

Post by DreadM »

If you make a copy of an object ,(like Frame) and you paste it in
you get a "copy of Frame" this you have to rename to Frame ,than it works ( right side "Name ").

in your 1. screenshot you use a "TSeSkinObject" here you can set the background with the Color entry ,
in 2. screenshot you use a "TSeBitmapObject" Here you must set a bitmap for the background (in Bitmap to rows above)!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yes, DreadM is right.

In first case, you must paste the 'Frame' object into 'Panel' (select 'Panel' first before performing the paste).
To avoid the name CopyOfsomething, delete the Frame object first.

In second case, Helium skin uses a TSeSkinObject, but Vitreous skin uses a TSeBitmapObject for the Frame object, that's why Color property doesn't work in latest case. Either change it to TSeSkinObject (using First Case above should do) or modify/change to another bitmap picture with desired color.

Why is so complicated? :roll:
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

"If you make a copy of an object ,(like Frame) and you paste it in "

Oh OK. I only copied the 'value' $00626262 - I didn't realise that when I pressed Crtl+C that it would copy the entire object not just the highlighted value. Handy to know.

"In first case, you must paste the 'Frame' object into 'Panel' (select 'Panel' first before performing the paste)."

No problem.

"To avoid the name CopyOfsomething, delete the Frame object first."

No, it still pasted as Copy of Frame but I renamed it in the right panel and all good now.

Thanks so much guys for your patience and help!!!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't delete the objext frame first. eyal

i just go over to the column on the right and rename the copyof. back to the real name by removing copyof.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.