ZuneSkin [v1.6]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

drjboulder wrote:Thanks for the responses...
Did not think it would be an easy fix, but never hurts to ask.

Just have to decide if I want to live with it or reposition the "Now Playing", hmmm.....

Good Luck with the finals nohitter & with a small player zune skin!
switch to the floating player, close now playing list.
and then exit media monkey when using this skin.

then restart media monkey. the player should be the proper size and the now playing should be smaller. or larger which every size skin your trying to use :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

I'm impressed, RC. Although, following exactly what you said, the problem came back. But that got me to playing with it and I found that if I dock now playing temporarily to the side, go to mini player and back to full player, redock next to the player and leave the title bar visible, all is good!
I can certainly live with the title bar.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

umm? thats strange i don't get that to work your way i have to exit the way i said? must be something also with hardware working in this error also? that is going to make it harder to fix if it does have some sort of hardware participators in it.

lets hope it is just the vista coding messing it up :D thats easier to fix i think :wink:

rovingcowboy/ keith hall /monkey hi fi
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

forgot to say thanks for being impressed 8) :wink:

i been working to figure this error out since it showed up in the alphas. rusty is upset with me. i've sent him atleast a gazillion emails with it and how i had it fixed then it came back. so theres a lot of trial and error just to get this much figured out.

but as thomas edison said to one of his fellow workers " Now You know 1000 ways it wont work, keep going until you find the one that does " so every little bit of info helps in fixing it.
some times it don't help much :roll: but it helps. :D

also i just seen you are using vista that might be the key? since i am using xp pro. and i know that vista did change some of the coding if not all of it from xp like xp did from win9x.

:-?

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Hi there. This is maybe a question already done and however not concerning the zune skin properly, but maybe you can help me anyway :) :
can you tell me why i cannot use the small player mode in Glided skin (like drjboulder did with the zune skin)?
drjboulder wrote: This is what I am referring to:
http://picasaweb.google.com/djboulder/M ... 6944925794
If this is instead possible, can you learn me how to do it? :P

Thank you ^^
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Sure. In the player.ini file of the skin, you can define if the player as 'DockLocked' or not. From wiki:
DockLocked
If this value is set to 1, player is always docked in it’s default position and can’t be docked to any other position.
So, if you wanted to change this in Glided, you'd have to first change the file extension from Glided.msz to Glided.zip . Unzip the file, then open player.ini and change the DockLocked=1 to DockLocked=0. That should allow you to not only move other elements down next to the player, but also to dock it to any other location or leave it floating.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Thank you!
Well, i think that a skin should always be set to value 0, since if you want or not to dock the player you could always be free to do what you prefer without having to "mess up" with files.
Or at least an option should be present in Options/Skin which let you choose if the player is dockable or not.
Or not?

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:Thank you!
Well, i think that a skin should always be set to value 0, since if you want or not to dock the player you could always be free to do what you prefer without having to "mess up" with files.
Or at least an option should be present in Options/Skin which let you choose if the player is dockable or not.
Or not?
Well theoretically a skin could be made in such a way that most of the space is used and resizing the player would cause an aesthetic/functional problem... but I agree, if it doesn't look too bad being resized, why not leave the option?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

but I agree, if it doesn't look too bad being resized, why not leave the option?
Agreed.
But i don't know the skinning theory, so i hope some Dev likes my idea :P

GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

Nice, thanks!
MediaMonkey Gold (Lifetime)
- If my configuration's specifications are helpful, please go here.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I love your mini player nohitter151*, and I didn't know it existed! I am a moron.

I've added a link to the screenshots in a list of skins I made in another post. I hope that's OK.

[*Do you fancy making us an iPod?!!]
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

MM3 monkey wrote:I love your mini player nohitter151*, and I didn't know it existed! I am a moron.

I've added a link to the screenshots in a list of skins I made in another post. I hope that's OK.

[*Do you fancy making us an iPod?!!]
blake already made an ipod skin.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
gege

Post by gege »

MM3 monkey wrote:[*Do you fancy making us an iPod?!!]
@nohitter151: 8)
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

gege wrote:
MM3 monkey wrote:Do you fancy making us an iPod?!!
@nohitter151: 8)
It would be so cool. I'm not an iPod/iTunes person, but it's for all the other people who get to see my monitor. The fools need these things to prick their ears up!

You can't argue with the design can you.

Even if you could do a floating player only? Then we could use it with the iTunes skin. Would that work? There would be 'coding' issues which I don't understand and 'ownership' issues between you and Morten which I'll stay out of.

Anyway, I say: put your feet up and bask in the glory of your first skin - at least until 2008. You deserve it, it's a cracker. I fully appreciate what rovingcowboy told me about the time and effort it takes to make skins so I don't want to sound demanding and I do want to sound grateful.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
gege

Post by gege »

OK guys, I simply couldn't resist and, with nohitter's agreement, I'm going to tease you a little... 8)