File icons

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Queseuq

File icons

Post by Queseuq »

Hi, is there anyway to change the icons used to represent music files that are associated with MediaMonkey? I like how most players (WMP, iTunes, even Foobar) show what the file type is in the icon, and the MediaMonkey icon looks like it could do with an update as well.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Hmm, I think this will not only require some work from the skinners but also a skinning engine update from the devs. Maybe you should post in the MM wishlist section.

Victor.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

magicalpig wrote:Hmm, I think this will not only require some work from the skinners but also a skinning engine update from the devs. Maybe you should post in the MM wishlist section.

Victor.
Actually its something that you can probably change within the windows operating system.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Yes if the icons are within windows explorer. Maybe that's what the post meant in the first place... :roll:

If it's just this then it's fairly easy. You just need to set the icons.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

simpley go to the folder options when you have windows explorer open. then go to the view files tab to see all the extenstions and what icon they use. follow the instructions to change them when you find the monkey program. you can pick from any icon you have on your system wheather it is stored in a dll file. or if it is stored in a folder as an .ico file.

once you change the icon used for that file extstion. all of the files will have it there. just be warned when you update monkey or update windows. all your work might be reset to the default, and you'll have to do it all over again.? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

See here in the wiki or try TweakMonkey.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Thanks all, I got about the same answer in the Wishlist and am now using TweakMonkey.