Taskbar player idea

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: Taskbar player idea

Post by rovingcowboy »

who said anything was wrong with it?
re read the post again after you get a cup of coffee and wake up. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Benn wrote:Excuse me? I've made this (my first ever "skin") because it was something I wanted, and have shared it so others could also benefit; what on earth is wrong with that?
Benn:

What RC is saying but is going wayyyyyy around the bush to say is, now that you have had a taste of skinning, he would like you to volunteer and join in the group skinning project.... Clear as mud??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i guess my hoss did stumble and take the long trail that time,

but i also thought maybe someone reading it would get tired of me saying please somebody make some skins for the project. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Benn

Post by Benn »

Oh I see.. I'm sorry for being short.

I am definitely going to continue when I get time, but I feel I'd need a lot more practice before I'd be able to help you guys. Plus, I'm away for a couple of weeks so I can't get on anything straight away. I will offer my services in the future though, for sure.
andrew_1506

Post by andrew_1506 »

DreadM wrote:Greetings
Benn wrote:Would it be possible to post the code? :D
Ok here it is:BennMicroPlayer.zip

MicroPlayerH.mskn:
It based on the Eclipse Micro Player, i change the backround image to black
with Eclipse border 170,26 pix,this you can change in the theme editor, with
an image from your taskbar to match better withe it.

microPlayerH.ini:
the player is also resizable in the lengh, this you can edit in the
microPlayerH.ini the default size is 170,26 at moment it is Size=400,26.
you can also edit the textmask or FontColor from [songtitel] check wiki
Skinning Reference for Usable Masks.

enjoy

and let us see what you creat :D
Benn wrote:A new taskbar is born! Find it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozmidlmzhhd - just add the two files to any .msz skin of your choice!

Screenshot:

It's based on the default Vista theme, with the player size restricted to 500, although that's easy to change if you have very long song titles.. (it does scroll them if it's too long).

Many thanks to DreadM for all his help :D
I'm sorry to ask this but how do I get any of these taskbar ideas working with MM or are all on their own and if so again how do I get them to work? I'm a lot new to all this :-(
Peke

Post by Peke »

Those two Files needs to replace same files in skin of your choice (Skins can be found at <MediaMonkey Folder>\Skins\*.msz):

1. Chose MSZ you would like to change
2. Rename to zip
3. overwrite same files with files from Benn archive
4. Save ZIP
5. Rename to MSZ
6. Start MM and minimize to Micro Player.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Luk

Post by Luk »

Does this Bennmicroplayer work in Windows 7?
I'm very interested to install it, but till now, I tried it several times without succes.
Maybe I should retry once again, but if someone states that it's a "no go" in Windows 7 (for some reason), I can stop my efforts...
Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable it in the Taskbar itself as well? Right click on Taskbar > Toolbars and enable MediaMonkey Player
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Luk wrote:Does this Bennmicroplayer work in Windows 7?
I'm very interested to install it, but till now, I tried it several times without succes.
Maybe I should retry once again, but if someone states that it's a "no go" in Windows 7 (for some reason), I can stop my efforts...
Thanks!
It will work in win 7 but it won't blend in, it has a black background to match the vista taskbar.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Luk

Post by Luk »

Wow, how stupid of me to overlook that "detail": enable Mediamonkey in the taskbar did the trick. :oops:
And I won't mind the black / white bar in the Windows7-taskbar. It's the info I need!

Thanks guys! What a wonderful software & forum !!! :D