Songbird (Gonzo) Skin v1.0.0.1(update Alt version)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MartinDK

Re: Songbird (Gonzo) Skin v1.0

Post by MartinDK »

Thanks for the tip about the playlist button/click-area, DreadM - it was exactly what I needed ;)

Also, I've sort of accommodated my other requests (in the mini-player) - also by tinkering with the floatplayer.ini:
- By enlarging the height of the seekbar with 2px I find it alot easier to hit when I want to do a quick FFD/REV in the track ;)
- I changed the text field so it only shows song title, thereby eliminating the scrolling since all text fits within the fiel (I might still toy around with the scrolling variable set to 0 as you mentioned, though).

And voilá - the perfect skin for my needs sits before me! :D Thanks again for making it :wink:

- Martin
KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat »

Dread,

If you get a moment download the new Opera 10 Beta. If you could get those colours we'd have not only the best Monkey skin but also the best browser. Nice,very nice ice blue and very skinny.

:D
KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat »

I still rate this as one of the very best because it has a slim bar at the bottom and is so easy to use because it is uncluttered. Compare it for example to the WMP 11 which is good but is gi-normous.

If only the top bar colour was a little brighter.

One can live in hope.

Morten

Post by Morten »

Beautiful skin. Heads up! :)
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wow morten is still around i thought he fell off the tree limb.? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

So much happening, but I am planning on getting back to MediaMonkey skinning. Have just installed Photoshop CS4 on my Windows 7 RTM installation.
Best regards,
Morten
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Jahsas (live and direct from greece)

Morten, nice to hear you are back, :D
shawn

Post by shawn »

I love this skin. By far the best one I have found, and I have been using it regularly now for a few months.

I wanted to touch on three areas.

1. The screenshots above show the micro player to look like this:

But when I choose to switch to micro player view, everything minimizes to the system tray and I never see anything resembling that screenshot.

2. It would be nice to see subtle gridlines or alternating clear/gray row shading in library views. I could be mistaken but I think this is what a previous poster was getting at when he said:
AndréVonDrei wrote:Some subtle backgroundlines in the now playing list. I loose the grey color of the main window when trying to override the now playing background
Presently (screenshot below) no such gridlines or alternating shading exists.

3. Could "toggle shuffle on/off" be added to the mini player, either as an icon or via right-click?

Thanks again for such a wonderful skin!

MediaMonkey version 3.2.0.1294 Gold
Windows 7 Professional

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

best skin ever you say? and it does not have the normal switchs / buttons on the float player?

and you can't get the microplayer to show? well that is in need of you turning on the tool bar for mediamonkey.
right click on the task bar then click on tool bars and then click on mediamonkey.

the micro palyer should show then.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Re: Songbird (Gonzo)alt Skin v1.0

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Back from Greece with some new ideas,
first i want start with the songbird skin,i make a alternative Version of the songbird skin,
based on some wishes in this post. :wink:

Changes:

Theme:
brighter ControlBar and Button colour
more contrast ad rows in List View and Now playing View

MiniPlayer:
add Shuffle Button,Playlist Button,Continous Button,Maximize Button

MiniPlayer with PlayList:

Download:
Songbird (Gonzo)alt.mmip

Enjoy
AndréFronDrei

Re: Songbird (Gonzo) Skin v1.0 & alt.version

Post by AndréFronDrei »

From the looks of the skin, It seemes that you have been enjoying your vacation.
You have added features I didn't know I needed, but they are handy as hell.
Only one problem that popped up. Selecting more than one object in "Album Art with details"-view. Does not separate highlight from selecting, making it impossible to know what elements you have selected within a album.

Edit: Does only act strange when selecting with shift and every second control-selection
KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat »

Tausend Dank Dread. The new skin is much better.

It will not belong before it is in a nice pale blue colour!!!!!

Hope you had a nice holiday.

Mit tiefer Dankbarkeit

shawn

Post by shawn »

rovingcowboy wrote:the micro palyer should show then.
Thanks for tipping me off to the "right-click on Taskbar" method. I never even thought to try that.
Last edited by shawn on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 7 Professional

shawn

Re: Songbird (Gonzo)alt Skin v1.0

Post by shawn »

DreadM wrote:Enjoy
Oh, WOW...
This is excellent! Thank you soo much!!

Windows 7 Professional

Dibbz

Post by Dibbz »

Somehow i think this skin fits MM better than Songbird itself :)
Dibbz