full screen player vs. classic player ?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

full screen player vs. classic player ?

Post by rovingcowboy »

what is the full screen player looking like

in the wiki petrcbr said it will be used if in the msz file but if not the classic player will be used.?

okay from the wiki i think its going to be the video player in monkey, but what does it look like how do we make
the skin for it. ? will it have a skin or is it just going to be buttons showing on the screen?

if just buttons how do we place them in the locations on the screen?

where is the templete for us to adjust our skins for monkey or make new ones. where is the link for the new theme engine for mm 4.

is there a skin already made with this that i can see a screen shot of? or get?

come on guys let the rest of us know what to do for the skin updating.

OKAY THE PANIC post questions are there. now if i can just get some info for them, i sent to petrcbr but he must be busy
as he has not replyed yet.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Re: full screen player vs. classic player ?

Post by Guest »

Is there Any News On these Questions?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:what is the full screen player looking like
Looks just like the other players.
in the wiki petrcbr said it will be used if in the msz file but if not the classic player will be used.?
Right.
okay from the wiki i think its going to be the video player in monkey, but what does it look like how do we make
the skin for it. ? will it have a skin or is it just going to be buttons showing on the screen?
You skin it the same as the other players.
if just buttons how do we place them in the locations on the screen?
If you want to make it buttons only, then just use a transparent PlayerBackground
where is the templete for us to adjust our skins for monkey or make new ones. where is the link for the new theme engine for mm 4.
I'm working on the template still. Since the beta isn't even released yet, I hope you can be patient! There is no new theme engine for MM4, you use the same one.
is there a skin already made with this that i can see a screen shot of? or get?
I'm still working on it.
come on guys let the rest of us know what to do for the skin updating.
The beta isn't even released yet!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thanks nohitter151 i thought you might be one that had the info and was making a skin.
but i did not see anything on it. and when i seen petrcbr update the wiki with skinning info i panic'ed which you forgot to
quote that panic question remark. :D but thats fine, :) you did answer my thoughts well. but i seen another update tonight by petrcbr on the wiki.

so now i have a question about it.

on this new update he showed us there is a maxlimit setting in the ini file for the floatplayer, added to the skin features
in mm 4.

what my question is about is this.

can that maxlimit setting be added in to the ini file for the mm 3 floatplayer and have it work now with out the mm 4 program being released? i think i know that answer just wanted it confirmed. also can we add it in to the mm 3 ini file
when mm 4 is released with out the need to recompile the mm 3 float player mskn. or is that max limit thing only going to be for the areo skins.?
just wondering on that because as you well know. the float player is a tricky thing to keep from doing that doubleing up of the player backgrounds and making a mess out of it.

but thanks for the word on the fullscreen player now i got to add one to all my old skins. umm? i'm thinking transparent button style would work best for video viewing is there any reason to look at a fancy skin when watching video? also might as well not add too much to the skin as in information but what do you think? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:thanks nohitter151 i thought you might be one that had the info and was making a skin.
but i did not see anything on it. and when i seen petrcbr update the wiki with skinning info i panic'ed which you forgot to
quote that panic question remark. :D but thats fine, :) you did answer my thoughts well. but i seen another update tonight by petrcbr on the wiki.

so now i have a question about it.

on this new update he showed us there is a maxlimit setting in the ini file for the floatplayer, added to the skin features
in mm 4.

what my question is about is this.

can that maxlimit setting be added in to the ini file for the mm 3 floatplayer and have it work now with out the mm 4 program being released? i think i know that answer just wanted it confirmed.
No.
also can we add it in to the mm 3 ini file
when mm 4 is released with out the need to recompile the mm 3 float player mskn. or is that max limit thing only going to be for the areo skins.?
just wondering on that because as you well know. the float player is a tricky thing to keep from doing that doubleing up of the player backgrounds and making a mess out of it.
Yes.

but thanks for the word on the fullscreen player now i got to add one to all my old skins. umm? i'm thinking transparent button style would work best for video viewing is there any reason to look at a fancy skin when watching video? also might as well not add too much to the skin as in information but what do you think? 8)
The player will only show in fullscreen mode when you move the mouse. I doubt you need much more information than Artist and title in the player, but hard to say for sure.

I've been working on the MM4 skin this weekend and I'm working out some bugs with Petr, but I'm making good progress and I'll probably have it finished up soon.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

that's what i thought it would do.

so it is best to be just transparent background with buttons and the two text lines.

as any other data would slow it up on the mouse over loading on the screen.
and i think it needs to be a fast loader on the screen.

now just what kind of buttons? is my only debate with my ideas i have left. :)
umm? what to do what to do? :-?

most likely i'll keep simple play buttons that can been seen and known what they are in a second or two.
might just make the same full screen player for all skins like i do the micro player. :-? 8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i've only got the old way of making the player skin but i've been able to make one that is fairly good
to use as a video player just needs to be put in the msz files of the skins.

i've added more buttons to it since i've last emailed you,

but i was thinking the people that use video might want to change playlists so i added that button.
then i thought maybe they want to open one file some place so i added the open file button.
and then i thought maybe they want to know the rating of a video if in a party so i added the ratings to it.
but all the others are just normal on it.

thinking it is only going to be seen on mouse over or mouse movement. then i did not add any auto dj or any
shuffle or continuous buttons i figure the ones that use video will have those set in monkeys main player
before they go to the video player.
i also thought some might like all the info in the custom fields to be seen so i added them and some others to
the title and artist scroll's

not sure on if the player is going to be a fixed size like the floating player or not. but i made it a fixed
size as i can't see any frame being added to the player and the video. so i'm guessing the player will look like the floating
players when on the screen.

so to keep everyone that is reading this up to date on what MY full screen player looks like as in what it has on it.
i also decided to make a dark background instead of the transparent one it loads fast with dark ones.

1. play pause
2. previous
3. next
4. stop
5. mute
6. volume
7. balance
8. ratings
9. thumb seek
10. open file
11. playlist
12. title scroll
13. artist scroll
14. time clock in long format.
15. left and right volume meter images.
16. kbps
17. mono stereo light.

i can't think of anything else that will be needed with this video player.
but i am open to suggestions until i put it in the skins and upload them.
:)

8)