Abrax Skins v.1.0 (26.09.11)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Abrax Skins v.1.0 (26.09.11)

Post by CoachUK »

Skin types:
Abrax - 'Standard' size player, re-sizeable horizontally
AbraxSp - 'Slim' player, re-sizeable horizontally, better suited for notebooks, etc.
AbraXtreme - Tall player, not re-sizable, best suited to extreme left or right panels.

First released: 26.09.2011

Current version: 1.0.0.0

Last Update:
03.10.2011 - Fixed an oversight with location of mute area on SP/SPCS versions, removed line Under tabs on Art & Details view.
28.09.2011 - Added 'Clean Screen' (CS) version

Abrax - Theme/Player:

AbraxSP - Theme/Player:

AbraXtreme - Theme/Player:

Players:

Float Player (All):
MicroPlayer (All):

MR & LV Skins (All):
Image Image

DOWNLOADS:

Abrax Skin - Abrax.msz
AbraxSP Skin - AbraxSP.msz
AbraXtreme Skin AbraXtreme.msz

MonkeyRok Skin - Abrax_MR.zip
LyricsViewer Skin - Abrax_LV.zip

The AbraXtreme player may not be suited to all screen resolutions/sizes. I can confirm (as can be seen from the images above) that it works perfectly on a 1366 x 768 15" laptop. Other resolutions may be trial and error.
The following tip may help you get the Xtreme player into situ....
1. Open a skin with a 'standard' player (e.g. Abrax) showing, for example at the bottom of the screen.
2. Make sure you have a far left or right column active on whatever skin you're using e.g. Media Tree or some such panel.
3. Drag the player into the left most column (probably where the Media Tree is). The player will probably be too large for this column but don't adjust anything....just leave it there.
4. Switch to the AbraXtreme skin....Tools > Options > Skins
5. The Xtreme player should now be filling most of this column.
6. Drag any other panels (e.g. Media Tree) from this column to, say, the far right panel, so that the Xtreme player can fill as much of the column as possible. You may be able to put other panels in the same column as the Xtreme player on higher resolution screens

AbraxCS (Clean Screen) Versions:

In response to comments that the background pattern does not suit all tastes, a clean screen version can be downloaded here for the Standard and Slim player options, together with corresponding MR & LV skins.

CS DOWNLOADS:

AbraxCS - AbraxCS.msz
AbraxSPCS - AbraxSPCS.msz
AbraxCS MonkeyRok Skin - AbraxCS_MR.zip
AbraxCS Lyrics Viewer Skin - AbraxCS_LV.zip

:D
Last edited by CoachUK on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Re: Abrax Skins v.1.0 (26.09.11)

Post by rrfpacker »

CoachK,

I guess I'm the first to say what a beautiful skin, you keep getting better and better. Very well done, thank you for sharing.

It's going to take a while to get used to the dark player against the lighter theme, which I really like. The theme coloring is magnificent and I really like the checkered background. I do have one thought (suggestion). What do you think of making the player the same color as your theme (like the column tabs) and if that makes the Title, Artist, Album, etc. too close in color maybe they are lighter or black?

Whatever you decide, this is gorgeous. Again, the theme color is wonderful.
Randy

PS; I can't get the Xtreme to show up. All I get is a great big blank screen in the middle with the other panels around it.
PPS; I notice in your signature a skin called Ice Blue/Ice Grey. I searched for it and couldn't find it. Is it a secret?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

My first reaction upon loading this thread was 'whoa!' ....... upon taking a closer look, my reaction is 'whoa!!!' .... awesome looking skin Coach! :D
Stop Button Freak
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Vyper...you need to get that horse under control!!! :D Glad you like the skin :) enjoy.

@rrfpacker...I'm kind of fond of the theme colour too.... :wink:
rrfpacker wrote:What do you think of making the player the same color as your theme (like the column tabs)
I hadn't really considered that as I always had a contrast between player/theme in mind. However, now you've planted the seed I'll add it to my to-do list and see what it looks like....
rrfpacker wrote:PS; I can't get the Xtreme to show up. All I get is a great big blank screen in the middle with the other panels around it.
I have to admit that it can take some getting used to. You've probably got the player in the Control Bar by accident (I did that on numerous occassions whilst developing it.)
Try this....
1. Open a skin with a 'standard' player (e.g. Abrax) showing, for example at the bottom of the screen.
2. Make sure you have a far left or right column active on whatever skin you're using e.g. Media Tree or some such panel.
3. Drag the player into the left most column (probably where the Media Tree is). The player will probably be too large for this column but don't adjust anything....just leave it there.
4. Switch to the AbraXtreme skin....Tools > Options > Skins
5. The Xtreme player should now be filling most of this column.
6. Drag any other panels (e.g. Media Tree) from this column to, say, the far right panel, so that the Xtreme player can fill the whole column. If you have a large display or higher resolution than 1024pixels you'll probably be able to put other panels in the same column as the Xtreme player....normal mortals like me don't have that benefit!
7. That should work....
rrfpacker wrote:PPS; I notice in your signature a skin called Ice Blue/Ice Grey. I searched for it and couldn't find it. Is it a secret?
No secret....try this thread... http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=58277
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Don't know how I missed the Ice Blue/Grey thread. Christmas has come early!

Thank you for considering a different color for Abrax player. I still can't get over how cool the color is. I've noticed that some of your latest skins you incorporated a contrast between player and the rest of the skin. It's all personal taste, for the most part I like continuity. That being said, your skins are beautiful, thank you for all the hard work. Can't wait to see what's next.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I've had a chance to play with this skin and I'm having a couple issues.

I can't get the Xtreme player to show up unless I have some other panel with it, either on right or left. The whole player seems to be at the bottom with a blank area above it. Howerver, once it is there I really like it.

The MR minimize/maximize buttons don't work for me, they work on other skins, though. EDIT...these are now working.
Destructor

Post by Destructor »

Thanks Coach.
Looks good. I haven't tried it yet, but will do soon.

Just one thing, though. For the script skins, maybe you could but the files in a sub-folder. It might make it easier for newer users.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Thanks for the fine skins.

AbraXtreme is a bit extreme for my layout. It covers some of my panels.

But the others work great. :)
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

The only other thing I should have mentioned is that the little squares in the background are making me a little cock-eyed. :o
Could we have a plainer background option?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Dirt wrote:The only other thing I should have mentioned is that the little squares in the background are making me a little cock-eyed. :o
Could we have a plainer background option?
I'm finding that too. While beautiful at the outset, after a short while it makes my eyes all weird. :lol:

@ Dirt ... you can override the background if you know how to make a few bmp's. :)
Stop Button Freak
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker...I think the issue with the Xtreme player is one of screen resolution. It works fine on my 1366x768. Unfortunately I can't try/test on alternative machines at the moment.

@Destructor...Point taken. The CS versions are in a sub-folder as you suggested. Will update the originals asap.

@Dirt & Vyper...A plain screen was not what I envisaged for Abrax, but I appreciate that background patterns are not to everyone's taste....(de ja vu of Magneto skin here :roll: ) so I've posted a 'clean screen' (CS) version for the standard & slim players (and to pre-empt the next question...yes, there are also matching MR & LV skins). Download Links in the first post of this thread.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Coach,

I like your original Abrax better...it's awesome, and I will deal with the Xtreme skin. However, thank you for taking the time to modify your skin for others.

I'm writing this here because I don't know where it would go, but are you working on a skin with the theme you mentioned in the Magneto thread? You know the one with polka dots/honeycomb? That background looks really cool.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Thanks for the CS versions, Coach. :o 8) :)
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I am loving this new CS version skin. My eyes are almost back to normal now. :D

But, do you think it would be better to have the album art and visualisation in the middle, right below the track information?
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

There is a lot of blank space at the bottom middle for it to go.