okay transpernt backgrounds are here

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

okay transpernt backgrounds are here

Post by rovingcowboy »

so anyone with any ideas for skins that need
transparent backgrounds have at it.

Morton already made a slight one with his new default floating player.

he said he used a png file with transparent background on it for the floating player's background image.

so lets have more skins being made since the door is widening some what on the skinning engine's ability for modern shaped skins.

this is the news the person that wanted the guitar player wanted to hear. so come on mm 3 skinners the starting gate fell open about 6 months ago where are the skins.? were you waiting on this new transparent image stuff?

okay then time to leave the starting gate and make new skins for us to use.
theres a few bugs in the skins but they are getting them worked out.

so it should be little bother to you new skinners
but if you are waiting on the stable release to make your skins.

you can at least start making your images for your skins so they are ready to add in the engine and make for the release of mm 3.

i know theres more ideas out there. not everyone is a zombie and follows the flow. just look at the skins i made did i follow the flow.?

i think it would be nice to see all kinds of shapes for players.
but not copied win amp skins. make new ideas.

how about a palm tree. so us that use the turtle beach sound card could use a palm tree player. which by the way is the logo of that sound card..

how about a landmark building of any country.

maybe a kangaroo player?

any shape is now possible with the new beta 1 floating / mini player.

umm!!!!
i wonder if the transparent background will work on the main player???

come on now fellow skinners ante up where's your skins.

i don't like it but at least you could do what Morton does and post screen shots of skins your working on.

i don't like it because it can only take up to 4 hours to do a recolor of a skin and take up to 3 days to make a new shaped skin.

so work in progress images are a bother to me. but to each their own if you want to post them do so let us see your great works that you are about to unleash upon the monkey's pod of users.

i promise i won't throw many banana skins at them. :roll:

this skinning location is too big for me and Morton and Blake and the few others that are and have posted skins.

we just can not fill all the needed ideas. so how about stepping up and taking you're turn at bat. you can't do any worse then the rest of us.

:wink:
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blake

Post by Blake »

That is exactly right!

Now everybody is gonna think "Now that RC has said that, everyone else is going to make skins so I wont" but don't think that coz it isn't true.

It would be great to have more skinners and it can be highly rewarding so at least give it a go and if you have troubles then ask on the forums!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep i agree Blake that idea of.

"I'll sit on my a... and not make any because of all the others making them."
is nothing but a cop out.
and every one seems to be doing that cop out because they
are not posting any skins.
its a shame to have so many good ideas in this large member group and not to have them made in to skins.

" A skinning Idea is a terrible thing to waste "

:D :roll: :wink:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.