Different views for every playlist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Serjudo

Different views for every playlist

Post by Serjudo »

I would like can configure different views for every playlist.

I've got a playlist made up for only complete albums and other made up for single songs, if i setup for my first playlist "show album art with details" and for my second playlist "Show Details", when i change between playlists, views are not remembered.

Mediamonkey should remember in every playlist: View mode, activated columns, order columns and witdh columns.

Sorry for my english
Last edited by Serjudo on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you tried using MM3, it's in Beta release now but it will deliver what you are looking for?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Serjudo

Post by Serjudo »

Yes, I've tried it (MM3 Beta 4), but actually, it doesn't include that functionality.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Oh I see, I misunderstood what you were looking for, sorry for the confusion.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I believe it currently remembers for each type of node, so all playlists will have a single view. Seems like a lot of data to be storing if you've got a lot of playlists though?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Serjudo

Post by Serjudo »

In b4, when i change between playlist, view mode doesn't change, i have to change it manually.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I would definitely like to see this feature too.
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

I agree 100%!

I just set-up Media Monkey 3 (which is AWESOME.. I was thinking podcasts and you guys read my mind!).

But, the first thing I encountered that frustrated me a bit was not being able to have custom columns.

For example, when I'm looking at the podcasts, I like to have the "comments" field right at the beginning so I can easily see what the topic of the current podcast is.

But, in the list of all titles, or in my playlists, I don't want to see the comments field at all.

Hopefully such a tweak wouldn't be too hard to implement?
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Yes this would be a great idea! I second it :D
nosedog

Re: Different views for every playlist

Post by nosedog »

Yes, this feature would be very nice. I would like to see it applying to MagicNodes as well.

Example usage: when looking at recently added albums (thru a MagicNode), I want to see the albums sorted by when they were added. But normally I would prefer to see things listed alphabetically.

The MagicNode itself outputs albums in the correct order, but the viewing window does not respect this.
My favourite MM scripts: RegExpReplace and ExtractFields for editing tags; MagicNodes and MyCustomNodes for creating new views of my music; AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3 when needed; Last for recently added tracks; StopAfterCurrent for a planned pause.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Any news on this one? It shouldn't be too hard to make this happen i'd assume and it's actually one of the few things left where iTunes still beats MM.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I second (um, third, fifth) this one. I'd love to use MM, but this is a dealbreaker against it. Would love to have this sorted out.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Jamie wrote:I second (um, third, fifth) this one. I'd love to use MM, but this is a dealbreaker against it. Would love to have this sorted out.
Dealbreaker? I'm not aware that other media players offer that feature.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

iTunes and J River both do :)

Post by Guest »

Jamie wrote:iTunes and J River both do :)
To add to this - I just posted into the Wishlist discussion thread here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 54#p200854 joining together several of the comments above. Like I said, I'd really, really like to see this. I wasn't sure if this was the right procedure (the wishlist faq is a bit unclear). Does that make this an official request now?