MM3 Skin without the long player

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

danhackley

MM3 Skin without the long player

Post by danhackley »

I've been browsing the MM3 skins available at:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher

They all seem to feature the player that stretches all the way across the screen. I like the smaller player, allowing more space for file info and album art. Is it possible to have this kind of setup with MM3 ?
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yes, its possible. At the moment you can drag another window (album art, now playing, etc) down next to the player which will resize it. Its also possible to have a player that is always smaller, but I don't know if anyone has made one like that yet.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
crcm

Post by crcm »

I also don't like that loong streched player...what a waste of space! Just like those candy round corners. I like it sleek, minimal and stylish = practical. No bright colors either.

I hope I some day get inspired and do my own skin...but now it just seems to be too big job for me.

Couple of my all time favourites from QCD era:

http://www.quinnware.com/skins.php?skin=289
http://www.quinnware.com/skins.php?skin=83

And some nice Winamp skins:

http://customize.org/winamp/skins/49175
http://customize.org/winamp2/skins/51471

yes i am picky son of monkey :-?
love the mm3 though.. :wink:
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
kemie

Post by kemie »

oooh, i'd love to have a minimalistic skin like that. particularlu like the blue & black one
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

I use one called Aqua3, which is a MM2.x style of skin. It had to have one tweak made to keep from crashing Beta4, and there's still an issue with the player button clickable area, but it still works very nicely in MM3 and it doesn't waste real estate.

The colors are relatively subdued also.

Send me private mail if you'd like me to send you what I have.
nojac

Post by nojac »

nohitter151 wrote:Yes, its possible. At the moment you can drag another window (album art, now playing, etc) down next to the player which will resize it.
The player gets small, but it is truncated. Everything in the right part of the long player disappears (blue glass skin).

We need a "normal" player not wider tha the left coloumn of the display. Like it was in MM2.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I am planning on making a smaller standalone version of my Glided skin if anyone is interested.
Best regards,
Morten
crcm

Post by crcm »

Morten your skin Glided is the best skin at the moment for MM3..though it has loong unresizable player :wink:

Do you mean Miniplayer (=standalone)....some kind of MMD winshade mode lookalike would be nice.

Like here:
http://www.quinnware.com/skins.php?skin=83
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
Morten

Post by Morten »

Standalone means that the player will be seperated from the main-window.
Best regards,
Morten
judas

Post by judas »

Also, latest version of Zune Look Alike allows to be resized, this is what I have @the moment:

Cheers, judas
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

nohitter151 wrote:Yes, its possible. At the moment you can drag another window (album art, now playing, etc) down next to the player which will resize it. Its also possible to have a player that is always smaller, but I don't know if anyone has made one like that yet.
Dragging things next to the player doesn't seem to resize the player - it just has the dragged window in its own window sitting on top of the player. Is it possible to have a smaller player with MM3 !?
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

danhackley wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Yes, its possible. At the moment you can drag another window (album art, now playing, etc) down next to the player which will resize it. Its also possible to have a player that is always smaller, but I don't know if anyone has made one like that yet.
Dragging things next to the player doesn't seem to resize the player - it just has the dragged window in its own window sitting on top of the player. Is it possible to have a smaller player with MM3 !?
Yes!! As I stated before, the skinner has to define the size of the player. As far as I know, there hasn't been one made that is small, only resizable players have been made.

Post by Guest »

But the MM3 player doesn't seem to be resizeable ! Always spans right across the window.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous wrote:But the MM3 player doesn't seem to be resizeable ! Always spans right across the window.
See Judas' screenshot above.

MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

I think that guest is looking for something more like this...

This is Aqua4, which I can email to you if you send me a PM. It's not perfect either, but it gets by for now, and it has a small player.