Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

judas

Post by judas »

@Superfrodo

This can be done with MagicNodes! Mask:

Code: Select all

Covers\<cover storage>
Cheers, judas
some1

Post by some1 »

line 3 is wrong
' NAME: Tagging Inconsistencies 2.6
on the first post, the highest version out to date (20/10/07) is v2.5!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 2.6 (2007-09-29) [MM3 only]
- Converted the script to a separate MM3 version
- Added New Album Node: All Album Art Linked (idea by Superfrodo)
- Added New Album Node: All Album Art In Tag (idea by Superfrodo)
- Added Ignore list to 'Initial Invalid Character' (idea by latinmusiclover)
- Minor additions

I haven't been able to test the perfomance of the script since I don't have access to my "script"-computer (where my 100.000 tracks music collection is).
I would like to know how the performance is compared to MM2 and if it is acceptable. (Are there any really slow nodes?). Also, please check the tracknumber nodes and see if they give correct result.

Bug reports, comments and improvements are most welcome!

Enjoy
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The "Artists With... THE/AND Inconsistencies" node throws up some strange results. It will present results for artist's who's capitalization isn't consistent. Such as "Will.I.Am" & "will.i.am" though the thing even more strange is that some of these results don't even exist.

Also, the "Albums With..." node takes a considerable amount of time to populate compared to that of the MM2 version. Also note, this was with only 12 of the possible 28 nodes enabled for this section.

EDIT: I just had a further look into the Capitalization problem, it would seem iit's comparing Composers to Artists. While the three "Will.I.Am" tracks I have, have the artist set as such. All three have "will.i.am" in the composer field.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I uploaded a new version which hopefully fixes the problem.

I also added a "Display Querytime" in the option sheet which if enabled displays the time it takes to query every single subnode in the album node.
Enable it and let me know what nodes are slow and the number of tracks in your library.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
kemie

Post by kemie »

woo-hoo!
been waiting for this one, thanks!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Alright. Downloaded the new version. (BTW, have you thought about using sub-numbers for these quick bug-fix type releases. So 2.6.1 for instance, that way the version number isn't driven sky high by these type of release. Just a thought, no biggie either way.)

I ran it with Query Times enabled, in fact I ran it three separate times just to make sure the data was 'accurate' or rather 'consistent.' Out of laziness, I took screen caps instead of writing the information down.

ImageImageImage

The results do seem pretty consistent, Nodes 17 & 18 are taking 30+ a piece. Out of curiosity, I decided I would 'time' the two versions (2.5 & 3.0) and while 3.0 takes over a minute, 2.5 comes in pretty consistently at around 10-11 seconds. That is with all nodes selected and whatnot.

Oh, and my library contains 9081 mp3's.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok, thanks. Then I know where to tune the SQL.

Did the other Artist related errors go away?

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I meant to comment on that, slipped my mind though. Yes, the issue with the Artist Nodes does appear to be fix.
gege

Post by gege »

Thanks, Bex
I was long waiting for this!

But...
In "Albums With > Same Track #s..." there's a problem with multiple disc albums (I mean, using new 'Disc #' field to group double/triple disc compilations, for instance).
This node should consider Track #1 in Disc #1 and Track #1 in Disc #2 as different tracks. Thus, they shouldn't be listed there.

I'll keep testing it... I'll get in touch in case I find new issues.

And, finally, I'd like to help you with this great script by creating a MMIP installer for it. Would you accept my offer? Or do you plan to create it by your own?

Cheers.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, I completely forgot about the new field Disc #. It will be considered in next release which also will contain a fix for the slow SQL in node 17+18.

Thanks for the offer! Yes, I've been planing to create such installer but since I haven't even started to figure out how it works I greatly accept the offer. Please PM me.

All My Scripts
nojac

Post by nojac »

Great news! This has been my main reason for keeping MM2 on the computer.

Thank you VERY much.

EDIT: The script seems to freeze MM for at least 2 minutes before the subnodes (Albums with...) appear (20 000 tracks). Is this normal?
Last edited by nojac on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Bex:

Glad you have taken the time to convert this one to MM3, this is my last one I've been waiting for from you. A couple of more to go and then I am ready to fully convert to MM3. I ran some tests based on all the nodes selected, and then my normal nodes to see if there are any differences. In the MM3 version, the album node takes an average of 6-7 seconds longer than the 2.5 version, but this is no big deal for me. The results have been consistent between both versions, so I am very happy with the work you have completed with this script. If you are going to work on the SQL to speed it up GREAT, if not I am am happy with it as it is.

One small, minor problem though. In the Album node, for file types, the script sees MP3, mp3 or Mp3 as different types. Is this your intention?? I don't mind cleaning up the tags but I thought this was something to be ignored.

One question: In the Title Node option sheet, there is an option for exclusions for single digits, how do I use this list? The instructions reads to type in the characters with no spaces, I tried 0123456789 but it didn't work, should I be using commas or something?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex:

I seem to be getting this error in the 2.5 (MM2) version, any ideas??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Nojac
It's due to a very slow sql statement used in the "No Album Art" and "Some Tracks Misses Album Art" nodes. It will be fixed in the next version.

@nynaevelan
Regarding MP3 vs mp3, no it's not intended. I'll look into it.

The ignore list is only applicable to the "Initial Invalid Character". The node displays all titles which doesn't start with a letter or a number. You are supposed to enter characters to the list which you consider a title can start with. e.g "#¤%&

The error you get in MM2 is very rare and almost always due to a forced shutdown of the program. Simply press ignore and it will go away.

All My Scripts