Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

BETA version for MM3
Ver 2.7 (2007-09-29)
- Converted the script to a separate MM3 version
- Added node count to search nodes
- Changed the order of metadata in the result nodes
- Added album node to info nodes. Clicking on it adds the album tracks to main window

I release this beta version since it's to much functionality to test for me. So if you want to help out please test it and report all bugs you find. Also check for slow performance and strange behavior.

Enjoy
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex:

There is one thing that I noticed in the options panel, it only has the Custom 1-3 fields, it does not include the new 4-5 fields.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, I haven't added any of the new fields introduced in MM3. That's to be done. (They aren't even documented yet.) Same thing with limit the custom search. It's disabled for now..

Thanks,
Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nojac

Post by nojac »

In your beta, the Artist and Album boxes are greyed out so I can not use them for a custom search.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, I've disabled the limit in custom search for now. It'll eventually be fixed .

Ok, no one seems to find any bugs. Does that mean the script works well for you?

Please provide feedback!

All My Scripts
kemie

Post by kemie »

working perfectly for me, MM3 :)

(crossing my finger tagging inconsistencies come next ;) )
julial49

Error with Drag & Drop

Post by julial49 »

I tried the Custom Duplicate Search with Same Artist, Album, Title.

I dragged the Song to delete on the other Song and I got an MM Error (Access Violation). I sent an error report (although it is a script error but maybe that helps)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok, thanks.
What version of MM3 did you use?

All My Scripts
julial49

Post by julial49 »

I use the newest (beta 3).

I first thought it had something to do with language (i use german) but with english (after restart :-) ) the error still occured.

Do you need some information? Like the exact error code? (but then you need to tell me where to find those....)
Bex

Post by Bex »

No I'm fine the information provided. I'll try to check it out later this week but I'm very busy so we'll see when, eventually...

All My Scripts
acenubian

Duplicate Title Search - Length field

Post by acenubian »

Bex:

Is there a way to set the length field to allow for a buffer? For instance, I have two songs with the same title and artist. However, one is 2 seconds longer than the other. When I filter by length, these two do not show up as duplicates.

Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

It's actually a bit complicated to get that to work in SQL with acceptable performance, but I'll see what I can do. don't know when though..

In the meantime you can try trixmoto's duplicate report script which has that function.

All My Scripts
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Hi Bex:

Here's a bug for you.

' Ver 2.7 (2007-09-29)

Description: Copy meta data makes duplicate entries in playlists.

Steps... have two files that are in multiple playlists. They share some and don't share others.

Copy metadata from one file to another.

Result: Target file is now duplicated in playlists.

Discussion: This is an awesome feature, but it shouldn't put the target file into any playlists a second time.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I can't reproduce this. But are you sure that it's the exact same file? i.e. are the filepath identical? If you copy everything without deleting the "original" then you will end up with two "identical" files (the filepath will differ though).

All My Scripts
Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind »

I don't understand how to use this I see it under tools options but I don't see it under search. What am I doing wrong?