ZuneSkin [v1.6]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I can't imagine how it would work with all the panels and stuff going on in MM. iTunes and the iPod are very different things. I'm sure whoever tackles it will do a great job but Morten's skin covers the Apple side of things very nicely for now.

I'm just a sucker for cool gadgets and the schoolboy in me would love to play my music in a 'virtual' iPod. That is: a miniplayer that's an exact replica of an iPod that displays the artwork in the same blindingly cool way that this Zune look-alike skin does.

I used to have one in Winamp (not dispying artwork). It was a bit small and jagged but I'm sure there're better ones now. Is it easier to make a MM miniplayer if there's already a Winamp skin?

The thing that is most striking about an iPod is the simplicity of the design. Your little teaser already breaks those rules, gege, so... good luck! I think I'll stick to Zune and Morten's skins.

But I would still LOVE a virtual iPod for Christmas!
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

@MM3 Monkey: It would be pretty easy to make a float player based off of an iPod similar to the Zune skin. I'm digging myself in pretty deep with all of my current skinning projects but an iPod is definitely something I'd be interested in doing. The question is, what kind of iPod? Something like this?
http://eshop.macsales.com/images/Items/ ... rp_300.jpg
or more like this:
http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/news ... -touch.jpg ?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

did you look at blakes ipod skin and see if it will do for you in mm 3. last i knew he made a white looking ipod style?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... gher#MiPod

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yeah, Blake's doesn't do album art though.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh just wanted to make sure ya'll didn't forget to even thunk about blakes hard work. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blake

Post by Blake »

I spose it would be easy for me to convert it to an iPod 'Photo/Color' but i'm a bit busy at the moment 'coz i just moved house, but I'll see what I can do.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Hey Nohitter, you know that I love your skin (wait, that sounds wrong!)

The one thing that has kind of bugged me about it tho has been the now-playing un-known artwork.

So I did some I-am-not-a-skinner-mod to it and came up with this:
http://picasaweb.google.com/djboulder/M ... 7294547250

Did it via Gege's wallpaper and Fizzjob's Mod of Gege's Wallpaper for Docks.

No question, just thought that I would share my little mod.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Re: the Zune skin.

I really can't get along with the white text in album art view. When you select an album, the text goes white. On my laptop, it's readable; on my big monitor, it's not. But anyway, the white text isn't easy to read. And I feel that when you select something, it should be easier to read than the other text, not harder. The black is a lot easier to read on the light grey background thamn the white is.

Presumably that's why you've used the off-red for the selected track in the now-playing window.

I switched skins last time because in a screen full of albums (in album art view) clicking on one of them makes all the details disappear.

Just a detail.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'm not sure he can do anything about the white fonts. in that view.
the last time i tried to fix them it did not work.?

maybe they changed it now and we can change the fonts there. but just be prepared if he can't. 8)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

@MM3 Monkey: Sorry, RC is right, there is nothing that I can do about the white font, it currently isn't possible to change, or I certainly would have by now.

@Everyone else: The long awaited update is here! I've only made a few minor changes to the Micro Player in the regular skin, but I have also created a small player skin for optional download. You can install both skins side by side to compare, but the only difference between them should be the player size.

Ver 1.4.1.0 - (See first post)
-Added small player option
-Improved MicroPlayer

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Yea!!! A small player!
Thanks a bunch Nohitter. :P

Here is how I have it set up so far:

Can not seem to move the player around like I used to with MM2.
Must be missing something obvious. :oops:
How can I get it up above the file tree (or elsewhere)?

Thanks for all your work!

BTW, how did finals go?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

@ djboulder
nohitter151 wrote:Sure. In the player.ini file of the skin, you can define if the player as 'DockLocked' or not. From wiki:
DockLocked
If this value is set to 1, player is always docked in it’s default position and can’t be docked to any other position.
So, if you wanted to change this in Glided, you'd have to first change the file extension from Glided.msz to Glided.zip . Unzip the file, then open player.ini and change the DockLocked=1 to DockLocked=0. That should allow you to not only move other elements down next to the player, but also to dock it to any other location or leave it floating.
But i think you already know it.

@nohitter
i didn't try your updated skin yet, but as far as i can understand, you made two versions of it. One with the normal player and one with the small player.
To me, it would have been better if you had made (hope i used the correct tenses... :-? ) just one skin with a dockable player that becomes a small player when you move it in particular areas. I don't even know if it's possible, but just suggesting ;)
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

drjboulder wrote:Yea!!! A small player!
Thanks a bunch Nohitter. :P

Here is how I have it set up so far:

Can not seem to move the player around like I used to with MM2.
Must be missing something obvious. :oops:
How can I get it up above the file tree (or elsewhere)?

Thanks for all your work!

BTW, how did finals go?
You should be able to grab an open part of the player (for example, just above the previous button) and drag the player anywhere. Neither of the skin versions have a locked player, so either can be moved anywhere in the skin, and both are resizable. If you look at the screenshot on my site, I have the player at the top of MM. Let me know if you need any more help, and if there's something that can be improved. I do know about that strange white border, but I'm not sure why its there or how to fix it at the moment.

Btw, thanks for asking about finals! They went very well, and I'm looking forward to my month-long holiday.

nojac

Post by nojac »

Thank you for the small player version. Probably the best at the moment.

Like drjboulder, I am not able to move the player from its position (which it inherited from the previous skin)

And I can not switch to the microplayer.(Not so important, I never use it anyhow)

And I had to customize the Tree background, too little contrast between the black text and the dark grey background on my screen.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Okay, there is definitely now a problem with moving the player, it worked yesterday with RC5 for me but does not work with RC6. I have tested with every skin and none of the players can be moved (including for the large player Zune Skin version, which should be movable.) Can someone else confirm this for me before I bring it to the devs?