Anyone got any more skins planned?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MM3 monkey

Anyone got any more skins planned?

Post by MM3 monkey »

I just looked at this post:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... d25b2e5c76

and it led me to a Winamp screenshot...

I would LOVE a MM skin like that!

Any comments anyone? Would anyone be willing to make such a thing?
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thats possible already with peke's templete to convert the old mm 2 skin to the mm 3 skin.
he already has the same style of player long that way
to stretch across the screen.

not sure of putting the list's in that part of the player. that might take some sort of script from some one.

but in answer to your question. there are always people thinking on skins.

but i am not making anymore. now i might later but for me my concert skin is it for awhile, why? cause i got to get a paying job. that will take my time away from fun things.
:(
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

... "and I'll play the wild rover, no never no more."!

I don't want any of the functionality of that winamp screenshot, I'm just after a nice looking skin. I just think that that skin looks very sexy. I want it very badly! I love the light font on the dark background.

I'm not looking for a "dark skin that looks all right" - I'm looking for a professional job like the many many that are available for winamp. Anyone who has the top-drawer skill-set, please, please can we have a skin like the one above?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you got to remember this.
it takes up to 20 hours to make a skin for winamp classic v.2

it can take up to 4 hours to do a recolor of media monkeys 3's orignal alpah version default skins.

something like this you want would be easy to make using the templete peke made. it should only take about 10 hours.
but the scripting adding the lists in to the right side of the player that is unknow how long that will take.? or if it can be done.

my concert skin took me 48 hours to get finished.
and my blues monkey skin took me 4 hours. just to give you an idea of what the tougher skins will take.

you know if you had good photo editing programs and lots of time to learn skinning you could make this skin yourself. :D 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blake

Post by Blake »

MM3 monkey

Thanks for the replies gentlemen

Post by MM3 monkey »

rovingcowboy wrote:you got to remember this.
it takes up to 20 hours to make a skin for winamp classic v.2

it can take up to 4 hours to do a recolor of media monkeys 3's orignal alpah version default skins.

something like this you want would be easy to make using the templete peke made. it should only take about 10 hours.
but the scripting adding the lists in to the right side of the player that is unknow how long that will take.? or if it can be done.

my concert skin took me 48 hours to get finished.
and my blues monkey skin took me 4 hours. just to give you an idea of what the tougher skins will take.

you know if you had good photo editing programs and lots of time to learn skinning you could make this skin yourself. :D 8)
@Blake, that's pretty good. It kind of illustrates my point though. There are some skins that are just a cut above and if you compare the one in this thread with the one by aidan_cage, I think most people would say that this one is cleaner. Many might prefer aidan's one (for the red for instance) but I'm not really after exactly the skin abovel; I know that if Morten did it, he'd come up with something good, clean and working. Aidan admits he's still learning. It's a touchy subject though because everyone who makes any sort of skin is a million times better than leeches like me who can't be bothered to learn about skinning and scripts and the like, so who am I to judge their skins.

I just really would like one skin that was acceptable to my very high standards and the only one at the moment is iTunes (see, I'm not obsessed with dark skins!) but the play button doesn't work yet.

Maybe getting off topic!
aidan_cage

my skin

Post by aidan_cage »

oh man. I leeched all that stuff to make that skin. I am honestly extremely amateur. I just put it together from some other projects around and tweaked it so that I liked it.
The nice thing about the winamp players is that they used to be easily transferred to MediaMonkey. I think that is no longer the case, but if this player in the screenshot is an older one, then pop it in your monkey and see how it feels.
Once you have a good look at it, make some decisions about what you want to change, and go find out how to make those changes. It is alright to give it a lot of time and space. If it is a hobby project you want to just keep working on sometimes, then make it that hobby.
You don't have to BE top drawer to make something top drawer. You just need to not settle for what you deem to be mediocrity. A good skin is a beautiful thing.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Hi, Aidan. I did go a bit over the top didn't I. Was trying a bit too hard to be polite.

Anyway, I'd read your posts about your skin and I knew you wouldn't mnd me saying it's not perfect. Thanks for your advice. I'm still doing other more important things with MM but one day I will do exactly what you say and see how I get on.

Does anyone know the name of the skin at the beginning of this thread? Does anyone else like it? I'm not talking about any of the layout or functionality, just the colour scheme.

Thanks again, Aidan.
aidan_cage

skinny

Post by aidan_cage »

I am SO anxious to switch over to MM3, but I want to wipe my computer first, so I can clear out all the latent trash. When I do, I'd love to have a skin like this, otherwise I'll just port the skin I am using over. It is an elegant little skin: Not quite shiny enough to be classy, but just graded enough to be solid for a jazz playlist, or a heavy metal one. It's a good find.
PEACE - Tristan (my real name)
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I think I understand what you mean by shiny.

There's so much to it to get the really classy ones made; I know it's not something I'm going to do soon. And seeing as I only like using the really classy ones, I'll just carry on gratefully downloading new offerings and making polite requests.

Aidan, you have a good period coming up: clean computer, MM3, new year... and few new pairs of socks. Cool.

Post by Guest »

Cowboy's right it takes to long to make a good skin, just to have it not work on win9x. I think it needs to be fixed and finalized first then they should make more skins.
aidan_cage

skinz

Post by aidan_cage »

yo
I'm a work a'one soon, an' I be tinkin' on a similyar teem
i'ya can link me da info'mation rega'din' da editin' o' da teem,
ya me be g'ateful
PEACE
PS-it may take me a while, but I promise slickness, classiness, and variegation (like cardboard!) [so maybe I've been drinking, and there won't be any variegation. It's New Years!! Happy NEW YEARS!!]
oh yeah, expect QUESTIONS, when I figure out I can't figure anything out.
LATE

{oh yeah, and the screenshot above kind of gets me excited ;)}
Chooch

Post by Chooch »

I wish I could knew enough to do it myself, but I don't.

it seems like if someone could work in parts of "Black Money" and "Glided", they could have a result atleast similar to what you are looking for. Black monkey uses a lighter font which enables you to have darker backgrounds on your list panes, but it is lacking a matching "Bottom Player". Glided's bottom player may not match the black exactly, but it would probably pass...and definitely look better than the default grey that shows up now. (also the WMP 10 bottom player may work too...or zune...whatever. You get the point)

It seems like it would be easy to scrap them together from already existing peices (maybe I am way off base as I have no skinning experience)....could someone combine these elements into one cohesive skin?
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

link me to this "black money" skin so I can take a look
I can't find it
:-?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

aidan_cage wrote:link me to this "black money" skin so I can take a look
I can't find it
:-?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/skins.htm
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.