One session -- Three crashes

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

wgardenhire

One session -- Three crashes

Post by wgardenhire »

Let's start with an interesting note, prior to 3.0.2.1129_Debug.exe, MM would not auto generate a debug report (at least for me). In reporting the earlier problems I used a debug capture as recommended by MM.

This problem has been ongoing. Because I do a lot of deleting and moving of files from a dwnld dir to a master dir, I thought that the problem was related to the rapid transition between actions. Not so. My bad.

WinXP Pro SP2, all updates, P3, 768MB, 1 CDR, 1 CDR/W, 2 HD (C:/ [OS] with F:/ partition [MM]; G:/ [Music Files], MediaMonkey 3.0.2.1131 Debug, waveOut output v2.0.2a plug-in enabled.

While merely listening to tracks, not manipulating files in any way, I received an error report stating that MM had encountered a problem and needed to close. The error was 'Invalid Pointer Operation'. Stated the actions that I was taking (none except listening) and sent report. At conclusion of send, I clicked OK and the following error report was generated; Access violation at address 00804B9C in module MediaMonkey.exe. Read of address 2D2D2D85. Stated what I had done, hit send, at completion of send, hit OK. MM did not auto close as had been suggested by first error report so I manually closed MM which then generated the following error report; Access violation at address 0082169E in module MediaMonkey.exe. Read of address 60983001.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to the problem?

Now, before you suspect my system, tell me why this problem has never occurred since I have been using MM (I am a Lifetime Gold user) and still does not occur in MM 2.5.5.998. As for my 2 cents, the problem is with MM and not with my system. Although I have requested a response with the error reports and included my email, none have been forthcoming. I should say that while using the manual debug reports, Rusty was very attentive to this problem but I led him to believe that the problem no longer existed. Again, my bad. Please, someone, help me figure this out.
There are Angels among us.
PetrCBR

Re: One session -- Three crashes

Post by PetrCBR »

Hi. Is that a clear installation or you have some "third-party" scripts/plugins ? The disc where your tracks persists is local drive, network or USB disc ?
wgardenhire

Re: One session -- Three crashes

Post by wgardenhire »

PetrCBR wrote:Hi. Is that a clear installation or you have some "third-party" scripts/plugins ? The disc where your tracks persists is local drive, network or USB disc ?
This is a clear install, straight out of the box, in its own directory. I am using Blue Glass skin. The G:\ drive is drive 1 and is a local drive. I use a 160 GB drive as drive 0 with a C:\ partition for OS and an F:\ partition for programs. Drive 1 is a 250 GB unpartitioned for music files only. Any other info, I will be more than pleased to provide. Thank you for your response.
There are Angels among us.