Alternate Splash screen

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

jn

Alternate Splash screen

Post by jn »

This is just eye candy, but a splash screen can be changed by copying a file calles Spash.png to the brand subdirectoy of MM's application dir. Normally, this brand directory needs to be created.

I played a bit and noticed that a splash screen can be installed using MM3's install mechanism as well.

Use as Install.ini:

Code: Select all

[Header]
ID=mysplash
Title=My Splash screen
Description=An alternate Splash Screen
Type=misc

[Copy]
Src=Splash.png
Tgt={app}\brand\Splash.png
and for Uninstall.ini:

Code: Select all

[Delete]
File={app}\brand\Splash.png
This way, even the brand directory is created if necessary.

If you want to try it out, cou could fetch this alternate splash.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep i had thought about putting my splash in to my skins. but then i figured the developers want the one they paid for to be used so i did not.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jn

Post by jn »

rovingcowboy wrote: i figured the developers want the one they paid for to be used
Do you have references for that?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jn wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote: i figured the developers want the one they paid for to be used
I don't think the devs will have any issue with your customizable splash screen, so thanks for providing this! What picture is packed with your installer? Any way we could get a preview?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

jn wrote:
no i just figured they paid for something they want it used.

and if we all put it in our skin installs then it would get confusing with each new skin used as the splash screen would always be changing.

but if a separate mmip for splash screens was made then we could all make one and post it for anyone that wants it.

the developers might not mind getting them changed by the users. but i try to extend the courtesy when i think there is a paid for item that does embody the whole id of the program.

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi

8)
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

rovingcowboy wrote:and if we all put it in our skin installs then it would get confusing with each new skin used as the splash screen would always be changing.

but if a separate mmip for splash screens was made then we could all make one and post it for anyone that wants it.
Wouldn't be confusing to me. It would be more confusing to have to change the screen separately. The more parts in an installation, the more likely something is to get screwed up. Personal preference, I'd rather have the skin change the splash screen -- if it's going to change it at all -- than have to change it separately. I haven't changed my skin since I installed it and likely won't until I find something I like better.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
jn

Post by jn »

nohitter151 wrote:What picture is packed with your installer? Any way we could get a preview?
Nothing spectacular...
spacefish wrote:It would be more confusing to have to change the screen separately. The more parts in an installation, the more likely something is to get screwed up. Personal preference, I'd rather have the skin change the splash screen
I totally agree. I just discovered the method of changing the splash screen and simply had to try it out... See it as a Proof of Concept, and a invitation for skin designers to use that (but be aware that the latest installed splash "wins"...)

Jörg
jc836

Post by jc836 »

Install/uninstall works just fine. Seems that something is missing (like the dev's name line and date). Just my thought on it.
Retired Broadcast Recording Engineer
Oldies are our main Genre. YES-we listen to Country and a few others too!
jn

Post by jn »

jc836 wrote:Install/uninstall works just fine. Seems that something is missing (like the dev's name line and date). Just my thought on it.
again, jut a prrof of concept... :D
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thanks for the idea jn! I made an installer for anyone who would like the old MM2 splash screen back.

Preview
Direct download link

callmetom

Post by callmetom »

coool - i like the new 'old' splash screen :D
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
jc836

Post by jc836 »

nohitter-does this one have the old date or 2008?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You mean the copyright year? It has the old date, I didn't edit the image. You can preview the image (I linked to it above)

jc836

Post by jc836 »

Thanks
BTW: Where is the original 'splash screen stored' I want to save it.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

its in the exe file.

8)

you want it you have to work for it.

start media monkey when the splash screen is on the screen press the pause break button that i think should stop monkey's loading process. the you have time to press the prtscn sysrq button to take a snapshot of the screen.

then you can press the enter button to restart monkey's process. now you got to go in to a photo editor and paste the screen shot on to a blank sheet. save it then cut out everything but the monkey's screen then resize the image to fill in the sheet and look right, then make sure it has enough pixels dpi. and then make it a little sharper image if needed and then save the shot again.

now you have the old splash screen. or ask some one that already has it. or ask one of the developers if they would send you a copy of it.?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.