Title Bar Integration

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Title Bar Integration

Post by Onweerwolf »

I've been a longtime user of iTunes and just recently switched to MM. With iTunes I used AMIP (http://amip.tools-for.net/wiki/amip)

A great feature of AMIP is the title bar integration allowing you to display in every windows title bar what the currently playing song is.

My setup looked as follows: NP: [playcount] [rating] [artist] - [Track] ([time remaining])

Example: NP: (7) **** Dream Theater - Light Fuse And Get Away (01:29)

I loved this especially because it let me know if a track was already rated or not, if not I could use my shortcut keys to rate it when I wanted to without ever having to maximize the player or have a mini-player cluttering the screen.

Now AMIP can be used with MM, but unfortunately the playcount and rating tags in AMIP are iTunes specific. The developer of AMIP tells me that the API of MM does not provide this info and therefor it's not possible to display it on the tile bar.

I would like to know if anybody knows if there's a workaround for this or maybe another way to get the all the info displayed in the title bar the way I like.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Onweerwolf wrote:The developer of AMIP tells me that the API of MM does not provide this info and therefor it's not possible to display it on the tile bar.
Then AMIP's developer is wrong, or he thought you were talking about MusicMatch.
Please redirect him to this page: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/SDBSongData

The properties you can use in your case are PlayCounter, Rating and RatingString (obviously MM's API gives you much more other information, even access to it's complete internal database).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Steegy wrote:
Onweerwolf wrote:The developer of AMIP tells me that the API of MM does not provide this info and therefor it's not possible to display it on the tile bar.
Then AMIP's developer is wrong, or he thought you were talking about MusicMatch.
Please redirect him to this page: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/SDBSongData

The properties you can use in your case are PlayCounter, Rating and RatingString (obviously MM's API gives you much more other information, even access to it's complete internal database).
Well, I gave him the link and his response was that AMIP does not have access to MM's advanced API because it works in winamp plugin mode.
Peke

Post by Peke »

If he wants to add features to AIMP tell him that he is free to contact us for help.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Peke wrote:If he wants to add features to AIMP tell him that he is free to contact us for help.
I've told him this.

No reaction so far so I assume it's not a priority for him, unfortunately.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Keep us posted.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Peke wrote:Keep us posted.
I wil.

If others are interested then by all means visit the AMIP forum and let the developer know you are.

http://amip.tools-for.net/board/
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Onweerwolf.
I tried amip with mm3 some days ago. Cause I wanted to have the tittle of the now playing song in active window titlebar.
But I couldn't get it to work though I had it enabled in the settings.
The player controls appeared but not the tittle of the track.

Does it work for you? Do you have any idea of what I could be missing?

Does anybody know an other plugin or script to achieve it?

I tried the plugins on the winamp site, and they didnt work neither :(
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Did you use the configurator?

Both the plugin and configurator need to be installed in MM's plugin folder.

In the configurator, under 'title bar integration' (not sure if that's the exact name, I'm using a dutch version) you can activate this function. My current format is: NP: %1 - %2 (%mil:%sel)

I don't have player controls in my title bar and i'm not sure if that's even possible.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Thanks for your reply.

I got it working using your mask.
For the controls, I was probably thinking about an other plugin when i wrote that.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to work with window blinds. So I cannot use it.
It's sad cause it would have been kick ass. Always knowing what's playing.
:cry:
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Dreadlau wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I got it working using your mask.
For the controls, I was probably thinking about an other plugin when i wrote that.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to work with window blinds. So I cannot use it.
It's sad cause it would have been kick ass. Always knowing what's playing.
:cry:
I have windowblinds installed also. It does work here but only with certain skins.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Oh, wich skin do you use?

For the moment I use novum os1.6 by code2
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

INVIPRO by 007TINAR