Edit Album Art Propertys

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Edit Album Art Propertys

Post by Guest »

It is difficult when you are merging different databases to know if the album art is in the tag, in a folder, in a common folder, and what the actual name is.

Any thoughts on putting more details in the edit album art propertys?

Any way to switch between folder art, tags, and Vs Versa?
rusty

Album art functionality not granular enough

Post by rusty »

We're aware of this issue, though we haven't decided on the best approach to resolving it.

One the one hand, some prefer the type of control that you've asked for, on the other, some users just want this to be completely hidden and for MediaMonkey to automatically place/move all album art in the location that they prefer.

This is similar to some of the design decisions re. ID3 that we've had to make. In the case of ID3 we've taken the approach of giving users the ability to select how MM should tag tracks, and hidden this thereafter. I tend to lean towards a similar approach for Album art: allow users to define the preferred approach for storing album art and then automatically store album art in this fashion (and use the Synchronize Tags function to cause album art stored in a different fashion to be stored in the defined manner).

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

I was not trying to complain, just bringing the issue up. I am not sure what is the best way of dealing with it with the audience either.

Some of the stuff is real neat since it is so easy for customization. Some automatic is good too.

You have a great product, and I sure am not going to even think about writing my own.
Wei

Post by Wei »

The "Add" button in Album Art needs a different hotkey. both "Add" and "Album Art" use 'A.'
JaroU

Adding Album Art

Post by JaroU »

Maybe this post should be in Wishlist, but thist topic is about it too. I've just started to test candidate release 2.3.839 (to check my polish translation mainly). Album Art is a good idea, and easy to editing in preferences of the track. Great addition to this will be support of clipboard pasting (additional button), I think.
I'm using this option in other cataloging application (Extreme Move Manager) and its very useful for me. User can copy any picture in web browser or another program, and quickly can paste it by pressing one button.
Nice, in my opinion, isn't?
Even if not in next official release, I'd like to see this whenewer, because browsing for file in disk (is necessary too) isn't the quickest way.
What you think about it?

JaroU
rusty

Cut and Paste album art

Post by rusty »

...is also on the wishlist.

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

so sorry, i do not corret search the forum