Vitreous v2.0 - 7/13/2011

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

VitreousBlue v1.0.0.1 - 6/6/08
-Player can now be undocked
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Just in case anyone was wondering or is a word junkie:
Vitreous
adj.
1. Of, relating to, resembling, or having the nature of glass; glassy.
2. Obtained or made from glass.
3. Of or relating to the vitreous humor.
Once again Nh, very nice work! School must be out?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

drjboulder wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering or is a word junkie:
Vitreous
adj.
Once again Nh, very nice work! School must be out?
Thanks Drock :D . Yeah, school is out now so I've had quite a bit more time than usual, though I am still working. The difference now is no homework or crazy 6 hour study sessions at the library :wink: .

Regarding the name: I initially was thinking of something along the lines of "Blue Glass", but I couldn't use that for obvious reasons. So I came up with VitreousBlue instead, which I thought was good because the name sticks out. The V in Vitreous also pays some homage to Vista, and of course, the 'Blue' leaves the skin open to other color possibilities ... :wink:

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

nohitter151 wrote:Yeah, school is out now so I've had quite a bit more time than usual
Guess that means I should be expecting my Small Player anytime soon!!! :wink:

I think I hear some Monkeys chanting....
Small Player, Small Player, Small Player,....
:D
D Rock
Kilmatead

Post by Kilmatead »

drjboulder wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering or is a word junkie:
Vitreous
adj.
My personal favourite would be the medieval interpretation of Defenestration: The action of throwing things or people out of windows. Something to inspire Harry Clarke into making stronger glass, maybe.

Vitreous humor? As in the antithesis of the black bile of melancholia? Democritus might have something to say on that.

Apropos de rien, as usual. Just thought I'd add that, whilst rambling.

Nice work on the skin, nohitter. (Yeah, even curmudgeons give compliments!)
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Kilmatead wrote:Vitreous humor? As in the antithesis of the black bile of melancholia? Democritus might have something to say on that.
black bile
One of the four humors of ancient and medieval physiology, supposed to cause melancholy when present in excess.
The Greek natural philosopher Democritus (ca. 494-ca. 404 B.C.) promulgated the atomic theory, which asserted that the universe is composed of two elements: the atoms and the void in which they exist and move.
The vitreous humour (British spelling) or vitreous humor (U.S. spelling) is the clear gel that fills the space between the lens and the retina of the eyeball of humans and other vertebrates. It is often referred to as the vitreous body or simply "the vitreous".
"Blue gel that fills the space between the lens and the retina of the eyeball of humans and other vertebrates" - probably not the best name for a skin!

Alright... no more word play in this thread from me...
D Rock
thorgal67

Just a big compliment

Post by thorgal67 »

Well, i was really searching for something like that and i'm a fan of this skin. I've instantly installed it and won't change from now on ...
Just thank you for this outstanding work. regards. Thorgal.
Bex

Post by Bex »

nohitter151 wrote:VitreousBlue v1.0.0.1 - 6/6/08
-Player can now be undocked
Very nice, thanks!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Muther

Post by Muther »

Just as an FYI for me can you explain what you had to "fix" to make it work? I'm new to skinning and tiring to learn as I go.... LOL I had moved your player into another theme (just to see if I could) and changed the INI to make it movable and did notice a jumping..... have since replaced it with your new one but can't see any obvious change, a hint will do if you don't want to go into it....:)

By the way I love the player .... very cool! The only thing I would like to see if I can change is to add the visual do-ma-hicky... You know just to see if I can. I have found that if I hack at things long enough and hard enough I can eventually bend them to my will

I lied... I also want to make the vol control a bit more "seeable" and also make the mute button more obvious by either moving it or making it lighter in color ... or both.

By the way I frankinstined your player into the softblue skin and it works like a charm
Muther

Post by Muther »

Not to be a pain in the .... but the images for shuffle and continuous play seem to be backwards to me...... when you turn on shuffle you get the two strait arrows in stead of the crossed ones..... visually indicating that shuffle is off? is this how you wanted it?

and I love all the buttons up there, it might be a "80's guy" thing but anything that plays music should have a lot of buttons and light up really cool in the dark.... and shiny is always preferable. LMAO
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Muther wrote:Just as an FYI for me can you explain what you had to "fix" to make it work? I'm new to skinning and tiring to learn as I go.... LOL I had moved your player into another theme (just to see if I could) and changed the INI to make it movable and did notice a jumping..... have since replaced it with your new one but can't see any obvious change, a hint will do if you don't want to go into it....:)

By the way I love the player .... very cool! The only thing I would like to see if I can change is to add the visual do-ma-hicky... You know just to see if I can. I have found that if I hack at things long enough and hard enough I can eventually bend them to my will

I lied... I also want to make the vol control a bit more "seeable" and also make the mute button more obvious by either moving it or making it lighter in color ... or both.

By the way I frankinstined your player into the softblue skin and it works like a charm
Actually I was able to roll out the update so quickly because the first thing I tried worked, which was to just change DockLock=1 to DockLock=0. I know that it wasn't working before, but it seems to be fine now. The theme engine can be so finicky sometimes...
Muther wrote:Not to be a pain in the .... but the images for shuffle and continuous play seem to be backwards to me...... when you turn on shuffle you get the two strait arrows in stead of the crossed ones..... visually indicating that shuffle is off? is this how you wanted it?

and I love all the buttons up there, it might be a "80's guy" thing but anything that plays music should have a lot of buttons and light up really cool in the dark.... and shiny is always preferable. LMAO
I contemplated for a long time over the state of those shuffle and continuous buttons, because I tried the buttons both ways and neither seemed intuitive (strangely enough!) In the end I decided it was best to make the buttons match what the play/pause button displays, which is to make the button look like what it does. When you want to play a song, the 'play' button is up - when you press it, music plays; similarly when the 'shuffle' button is up, press it and it will shuffle your playback.

Thanks for the compliments btw!

Muther

Post by Muther »

nohitter151 wrote:I contemplated for a long time over the state of those shuffle and continuous buttons, because I tried the buttons both ways and neither seemed intuitive (strangely enough!) In the end I decided it was best to make the buttons match what the play/pause button displays, which is to make the button look like what it does. When you want to play a song, the 'play' button is up - when you press it, music plays; similarly when the 'shuffle' button is up, press it and it will shuffle your playback.

Yeah I figured that it was a process and you had your reasons for doing it... just IMHO the shuffle and continuous buttons are also indicators and should reflect the current state of the feature. The play/pause buttons make perfect scence to me but I don't rely on looking at them to see if there on. if it's playing I can hear it. (when I remember to turn my speakers on....LOL) but I do look to the shuffle button to indicate what state it is in cause I wont know till the next song starts.

I'm assuming that I can just go into the theme editor and switch a couple of values to change this assuming it is possible and also that you wont mind me doing it...LOL

again just my preference and probably a bit picky on my part, I hope you don't mind me hacking and slashing on your work. I'm hoping to one day have the skill and taste to design my own players and skins but we all got to start some where and I decided to start with yours as it's the best I have seen to date. both the player and the mini-player are by far my pick for both form and function. for being called nohitter you really hit one out of the park here.... :D

by the by...... the rating stars either aren't working right or are just to dark for my old eyes to see the difference they seem right in the mini-player or at least I can see the difference but in the main player the stars don't seem to be reflecting the current rating of the song that is playing again it may be but I cant see it to hard to tell. The function of setting the rating works and I can see the hot images when I mouse over I just cant see the results...LOL

aside from adding the visualization, because I really like shiny flashy things and changing the mute button and the volume control for the old and rickety vision impaired set this is just perfect!

again I hope you don't mind my input. there just my opinions and we all know about those....:)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yeah just open the theme editor (opening player.mskn) and switch the names (shufflebutton_up to shufflebutton_down & vice versa) - and repeat with the continuous buttons.

The rating stars are working, you probably just can't see the difference in color between the blue and gray. I'll try lightening the stars a little but its much easier said than done because of the way the stars have to be skinned...

BMF

Post by BMF »

hello,

unfortunately i get the following error message, when i try to download this wonderful skin. I've tried several times in the last days. I even allowed to set cookies.

"We're sorry, but we were unable to locate the attachment you requested."

Any ideas what went wrong?

greetings from berlin
nothing but a bmf ....
--------------------------
Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit); MM 5 (lifetime licence);
iPod Classic, Sonos
Sblast

Post by Sblast »

Really sweet!
Thank you