Milkdrop 2.0

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

lucidox

Milkdrop 2.0

Post by lucidox »

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I wanted to get the attention of the devs.

Milkdrop 2.0 has just been released with Winamp 5.5, and features major changes like DirectX 9 support, custom textures, pixel shading, and in general, better looking visuals. I think everyone would love for Media Monkey 3 to debut with this.

Thanks for the great work, and listening to your user base.
rusty

Milkdrop 2.0

Post by rusty »

Lucidox,

Thx for the suggestion. I'll follow up on this, but at first glance, it appears that Milkdrop 2.0 isn't open-sourced.

-Rusty
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

Yes, thanks for the hint.
But sadly it appears it isn't compatible with MM. I installed Winamp 5.5 to move the Milkdrop 2 files to the plugin-folder and when i tried to start the plugin i got a "sorry your Winamp-version seems to be to old" message, but apart form that it really looks cool in Winamp, which i will uninstall nontheless.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
if you really like my music...
lucidox

Re: Milkdrop 2.0

Post by lucidox »

rusty wrote:Lucidox,

Thx for the suggestion. I'll follow up on this, but at first glance, it appears that Milkdrop 2.0 isn't open-sourced.

-Rusty
Rusty,

I've PMed Milkdrop's main developer regarding this. I'll let you know his response when I get it.

Also, if anyone wants more detailed information on Milkdrop2, look here.

Thank you. :D
Scott

Post by Scott »

I tried to copy over Milkdrop 2.0 files from Winamp 5.5 just to see if the latest Winamp improved things, but it doesn't show up as a Visualizer choice in MediaMonkey.

Is there any way to get this to work? I'd love to be able to use Milkdrop 2 with MM3.

Post by Guest »

Any more news on Milkdrop2 for MM3?

I wanna upgrade!

Post by Guest »

so no word yet on this?

Post by Guest »

Doesn't look good, does it? Boooo. (Wish I could remember my login...)
Solaris_irc

Post by Solaris_irc »

Thas strange, I have Milkdrop 2.0c on my MediaMonkey 3.0.4.1185
but I only copy all the milkdrop files from winamp to the MM plugins directory and VisHelper.exe from winamp dir to MM root dir, I have it since MM 3.0.1
this is my MM dir and the plugins dir
ImageImageImageImage
here is milkdrop running
ImageImage
I hope this helps
Scott

Post by Scott »

That's so strange - when I follow those steps Milkdrop2 doesn't show up in MM at all. Are you sure you didn't have to edit any INI files or copy over anything other than the Milkdrop2 directory and the milk2*.ini files?
Solaris_irc

Post by Solaris_irc »

I didn't edit any files, I only copy those file to MM dir, compare my dirs whit yours and check if there is anything diferent.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I compared our directories and the only difference (besides extra unins* files) was MonkeyFlow.exe. I didn't have that - do you know what it is?
Solaris_irc

Post by Solaris_irc »

MediaMonkey's MonkeyFlow is an iTunes CoverFlow interface for MM, I don't think is that what is making Milkdrop work cause it has been working before I install MonkeyFlow

here is MonkeyFlow http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... monkeyflow

Post by Guest »

lucidox wrote:
rusty wrote:Lucidox,

-Rusty
Rusty,

I've PMed Milkdrop's main developer regarding this. I'll let you know his response when I get it.

Also, if anyone wants more detailed information on Milkdrop2, look here.

Thank you. :D

If you visit their page, it quickly becomes obvious that Nullsoft seems to have bought the exclusive rights for Milk Drop ever since 2.0 was released. How else should they gain an edge over the competition?
The monkey really whips the llama's ass. 8)

Post by Guest »

I have installed both the latest MM and Winamp versions on my machine and simply copied both the Milkdrop 2 folder and the vis_mlk2.dll to the MM/plugins folder.

Now what I dont have but what I've seen in Solaris' instruction is the milk2.ini .
Is it mandatory or just a customization of your Settings??

btw I love that security check with the chimps and apes :lol: