Things I like about 3.1

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nynaevelan

Things I like about 3.1

Post by nynaevelan »

OK:

Just so you all will not think I am unappreciative of all the hard work of the developers in the changes they have added in 3.1, here is a list of the things which I like about 3.1:

1. 2570 -- Selecting the Library node now lists the tracks in the libary, a great feature to allow the ability to see the library without having to detail into any of the nodes.
2. 4395 -- Setting up search parameters regarding which fields to use for search selections. IMO a great improvement in the search feature, it minimizes the necessity of using the advanced feature as much.
3. 3946 -- Setting up Multi-Core processing for selective features. While I do not fully understand the multi-core cpu processing, I know enough to know this will increase the processing performance.
4. 132 -- Although the Now Playing window and Now Playing List does not allow you to remove the # column, it does allow you to "hide" it since it is now a separate column from the title.
5. 4895 -- Now here is the best of the bunch IMO, when selecting a parent playlist in the device configuration screen, it now selects all the children playlist. For this one alone I am etermally grateful. It would be nice if this feature was added to the advanced search criteria for autoplaylists though.
6. 90 and 4826 -- Ability to configure the toolbars. This is a good one because there are alot of icons which I do not use and I would like to remove them to add the ones that I do use from scripts. But it would be nice if the Now Playing List Main toolbar was included on the list, or am I missing it?
7. 3189 -- Ability to hide columns without having to select each individual column, and the default column setup is great.
8. 4802 -- Hide Title node by default.
9. 3263: Inconsistent Album Art.
10. 4609: Date search relevant to time.
11. 2964: Stop play after current song.
12. 3416: Ability to customize Track Browser for each filter.
13. 4826: Ability to customize Toolbars. I am also looking forward to 4980 when I will also be able to customize the Now Playing toolbar.

I'm sure this list could be larger but if there are other new features they are not as intuitively easy to find, but I'll keep looking.

Nyn
Last edited by nynaevelan on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Re: Things I like about 3.1

Post by Bex »

I love the new superfast fulltext search! :D

In fact, it seems that everything is faster, especially navigating in the folder tree.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Peke

Post by Peke »

4. Noted, see [4874], hope that is enough.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Thanks for that Nyn. DId you succeed in finding a list of changes somewhere?
Chris
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

chrisjj wrote:Thanks for that Nyn. DId you succeed in finding a list of changes somewhere?
No I have not. :-? I think I will just keep testing to ensure the featues I use MM for are still working as they should. If anyone should find a list I will work from that, but until them I have no ideas what new treats are in store for 3.1. And it's a shame because judging by the ones I have found, I am going to enjoy upgrading to 3.1.

Nyn

chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Thanks Nyn.
Chris
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

4872: Don't show previously removed episodes in feed list
4938: Make separator configurable for multi-attribute properties
3040: Implement proper full-text search
4769: Need to add <guid> episode tag to the database
4778: Multi value support enhancements
3344: Improve typing to dropdowns
3252: Podcasts: Import / Export OPML (Export new in 3.1.0.1198)
Last edited by Owyn on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I'll try to go into Mantis to find the links for my features, but if you should find them before me, please post and I will update my original post.

Nyn

Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Hey Nyn. Thanks for the links in your first post.

This could turn into the best thread to check for NEW features in 3.1. 8)

P.S. I am adding new features, as I find (and test) them, to my original post in this thread.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Bex

Post by Bex »

I found two more new things that I like:
2964: Add 'Stop after current' command (Play->Stop After Current)
- Yet another stop button for skinners to add to their skins!

4862: When hovering over the Seek Bar, "elapsed" time is displayed in a white box. (A real longtimer on the whishlist.)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:I found two more new things that I like:
2964: Add 'Stop after current' command (Play->Stop After Current)
- Yet another stop button for skinners to add to their skins!
Oooh, this is a good one, I will definately be using this one. Is it available in any of the MM skins?? Nevermind, I found it. :oops:

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

nynaevelan wrote: Oooh, this is a good one, I will definately be using this one. Is it available in any of the MM skins??
Not that I know of but I don't think so since it's a new feature.
I think it should get a different native icon, a native shortcut and be added to the "Now Playing Control" toolbar.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

That's where I would prefer it to be also. Or on the right click menu (not sure of the official name) but if you right click on the play button on the Blue Glass skin, it's there.
I haven't checked any of the other skins.

Nyn

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote:That's where I would prefer it to be also. Or on the right click menu (not sure of the official name) but if you right click on the play button on the Blue Glass skin, it's there.

Nyn
You can right click the play button in any skin and the two options should be there (Stop and Stop after current)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nohitter151 wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:That's where I would prefer it to be also. Or on the right click menu (not sure of the official name) but if you right click on the play button on the Blue Glass skin, it's there.

Nyn
You can right click the play button in any skin and the two options should be there (Stop and Stop after current)

Very nice indeed. This is a feature I've always wanted but never went looking for a script for...imagine that. :wink:

Nyn