Install DFX In MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Hochh2000

Install DFX In MediaMonkey

Post by Hochh2000 »

EDIT By Peke: As of DFX v9.300 there is special plugin for MediaMonkey HERE

I Have been reading post after post, but have not found the solution I need. So here it goes again.

Operating System: Windows Vista Business (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
Processor : 2.53 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
RAM : 4 MB

MediaMonkey Gold Version: 3.0.6.1190

DFX 8 Audio Enhancer. (Winamp)

I have tried to create folder within MM, Winamp.exe & Winamp.ini. It says, "Folders Already Exists"
I have tried to create a Winamp folder in Program Files (x86)

I continue to receive this message: DFX for Winamp setup cannot find Winamp on this computer.
Winamp is required for installation to continue. Please Install Winamp first. Installation will exit now.

I need a step by step, on how to fix this, I am a DFX junky and after months of deciding which Media player
was best, I have chosen MediaMonkey.

I am running a Western Digital ShareSpace NAS 4TB Raid 5
With over 20,000 songs and counting, From the 40's till Now, it is
safe to say......................I am a music collector! LOL

I appreciate all the help in advance, thanks. 8)
nohitter151

Re: Install DFX In MediaMonkey

Post by nohitter151 »

Seems to be pretty clearly explained here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 71#p156671
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Hochh2000

Post by Hochh2000 »

I opened notepad,(left blank inside) clicked save as, in filename I entered Winamp.exe and tried to save it as a Text document,
It says it already exists, do I want to replace it? I said no. 8)
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

My turn. I followed the instructions in the thread. When I try to install DFX for Winamp I get a message saying - DFX for Winamp setup cannot find Winamp on this computer; please install Winamp first. Sure enough I do not have Winamp, is that necessary?
Can't afford a signature.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Well, I don't know if you have seen this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 33#p157433
but it seems that it should work.

Anyway, I don't have it installed so I can't really say. If all else fails you can go with the instructions at the support site:
MM KB wrote: If this fails, you'll have to manually copy any .dlls, and other files copied by the installer from: \Program Files\Winamp and \Program Files\Winamp\Plugins directories to: \Program Files\MediaMonkey and \Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins
Of course that requires you to install Winamp first.

GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Yep I did get those instructions from your earlier post. I was curious about DFX but not enough to install Winamp, etc. Thanks for the quick response.
Can't afford a signature.
Hochh2000

Post by Hochh2000 »

Still need a step-by-step on this, both links posted so far, are
the same. 8)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hochh2000 wrote:Still need a step-by-step on this, both links posted so far, are
the same. 8)
I already posted it above. Install Winamp, install DFX, manually copy any .dlls, and other files copied by the installer from: \Program Files\Winamp and \Program Files\Winamp\Plugins directories to: \Program Files\MediaMonkey and \Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins

Hochh2000

Post by Hochh2000 »

I was definitely close, because DFX was trying to show up in MM, but it wouldn't because it couldn't find/recognize skin.
Brought over another folder and CRASH. Had to uninstall both winamp and mediamonkey! There was no
point of return. Brought over wrong files I guess. Hmmmm...... anybody live around the corner and down the
street from me? LMAO :lol: 8)
Hochh2000

Post by Hochh2000 »

Okay, I ended up have to remove winamp, and mediamonkey. I also had to restore computer, so really messed up bad.
I need somebody to give a step by step on this for please. I download winamp, then I drag what files(exactly) over to
the mediamonkey file. Call me a newbie, but I still like MM better than all the rest, but I love DFX better. Thanks in advance
for any and all help. Oh, the link to DFX is actually in MM, they should have explain how to do this. Needless to say, DFX
will not install because winamp must be installed first. I'm stuck in a nightmare here!

UPDATE

I cannot install MediaMonkey anymore. DeFX pops up, MediaMonkey appears to start then message comes up;
Audio Library could not be found, now what? Oh boy, what a mess....................... :(

I Still need major help.......................please
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Ok, first. What is the exact version of DFX that you have? is it 8.0 or 8.x
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
Hochh2000

Post by Hochh2000 »

I have DFX version 8.5, the newest one out. I have tried to install media monkey again, but when I try to run it, MM appears to be loading, then DeFX pops up, and
then DeFX says not responding. The black MM logo box stays frozen, but on the tool bar it says 26. Lorne Greene - Ringo - MediaMonkey (not responding). Need some
major help here.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Hochh2000 wrote:I have DFX version 8.5, the newest one out. I have tried to install media monkey again, but when I try to run it, MM appears to be loading, then DeFX pops up, and
then DeFX says not responding. The black MM logo box stays frozen, but on the tool bar it says 26. Lorne Greene - Ringo - MediaMonkey (not responding). Need some
major help here.
And so there's your problem as the link given to you by nohitter151 to an earlier post I made indicates, there is an issue with MM and DFX v8.5
Roll back to 8.3 and your install will go ok.

Completely uninstall DFX. Until you do this you will not be able to run MM.
When you have done this and you have MM up and running again, then install Winamp, then and only then install DFX 8. anything other than 8.5
Follow the instructions I gave here

If you read down the posts in that thread you will see my comments re: v8.5

Good Luck!
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Hochh2000

Post by Hochh2000 »

I actually got MM running this morning, after I reinstalled winamp and iTunes, who knows, maybe I deleted too many files.
Now for the ultimate question; where can I download DFX version 8.3? Thanks for the continuing help!!! 8)
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Hochh2000 wrote:I actually got MM running this morning, after I reinstalled winamp and iTunes, who knows, maybe I deleted too many files.
Now for the ultimate question; where can I download DFX version 8.3? Thanks for the continuing help!!! 8)
You can access previous versions here if you have a serial number to enter.