Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

m0nkiii

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3]

Post by m0nkiii »

Ah, ok. My statusbar shows just now 560/2931. By the look of all matches I get I'd say it is [Number of no matches]/[Total number of no matches]. Is that right?
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

m0nkiii wrote:Ah, ok. My statusbar shows just now 560/2931. By the look of all matches I get I'd say it is [Number of no matches]/[Total number of no matches]. Is that right?
That is actually just the artist number its currently looking at, if it's updating or not.
The only place which tells you how many updates it does is the final dialog which comes up: (SS below)
In this image, no tracks were updated as all play counts where already current. The other numbers are simply statistics.
Now you mention it, it makes more sense for this to show the current number of updates as it goes in the progress bar as well, so will do :)

I'd also like to re-iterate - if you have run this script once recently, running it again on the same database should not make any updates as it will have already updated the playcounts.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Psyker7 wrote:
I'd also like to re-iterate - if you have run this script once recently, running it again on the same database should not make any updates as it will have already updated the playcounts.
I reloaded some old db's to see the time changes and it is amazing the speed you have added, for both the db from last week and the db from the beginning of the month, each took less than a minute to complete. I am in the process now of starting a new db to use that to run the script to see how long it would take to update all the tracks in lastfm.

I'm also wondering now if I need a simulation mode since it would not be many cases that lastfm would exceed my db, now that it is caught up. What do you think?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

This is really amazing script but is it possible to add date (last) played when updating tracks if the old playcounter is zero? I think it's possible to retrieve those dates from last.fm history..?
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

mohikaani wrote:This is really amazing script but is it possible to add date (last) played when updating tracks if the old playcounter is zero? I think it's possible to retrieve those dates from last.fm history..?
Should be possible, I'll have a look.

Worst comes to the worst I can set the last played to the current time I guess.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Psyker7 wrote:
mohikaani wrote:This is really amazing script but is it possible to add date (last) played when updating tracks if the old playcounter is zero? I think it's possible to retrieve those dates from last.fm history..?

If you decide to implement the current time as the date, can you give the user the option whether or not to use this? I prefer to select my own date/times using Bex's AddRemove PlayStat script.

Nyn

Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

nynaevelan wrote:
Psyker7 wrote:

If you decide to implement the current time as the date, can you give the user the option whether or not to use this? I prefer to select my own date/times using Bex's AddRemove PlayStat script.

Nyn
Planning on only changing the 'lastplayed' time if there is not currently one in the database, so i don't think it should be an issue.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

But it will be an issue, right now when they are updated in the db I can use Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script which gives me a list of tracks with more playcounts than playhistories to match. I can then use his AddRemove PlayStat script to adjust the playhistories to match the timeframe which I select. If you have the script import them all with the same date/time, then I could end up with alot of tracks with the same date/time, which I would prefer to avoid. Does LastFm keep the playdates/times?

Nyn

Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Was just checking, apparently it only keeps them for your recent tracks - which is a rolling list about a week long. Otherwise you can only use the weekly charts, which will tell you which week you last listened to a track only.

Not sure what is best here...

I am actually not sure exactly what goes on with this internal play history stuff, and didn't know it existed until yesterday. Can't find any doco about it anywhere :o Any links lying around? :D
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

And while we wait:

' Changes: 1.5
' Better logging - by default a log file will be created listing tracks updated
' this file is LastFmImport.vbs.Updated.txt located in the scripts folder and is
' tab delimited.
' Better status bar messages as well I would like to think

http://psykar.com/scripts/LastFmImport.mmip
bigcooper

Post by bigcooper »

the script works quite well, besides the fact that the track titles are apparently handled case sensitive in version 1.5. so a lot of data isn't imported only because a part of the mp3-tag differs from the last.fm tag. e.g. "... The .." != "... the ..."
is there an easy way to fix this in the script?
errOr

Post by errOr »

I get three error messages when I try to run the script:

The first one reads: 'You have error, a character was found in the text that wasn't valid'
The second one: 'Running error of Microsoft VBscript, object required - blah blah'
And the third: 'Error happened / Required object'.

I'm running MM 3.0.3 & the last version of the script, on Win XP.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

bigcooper wrote:the script works quite well, besides the fact that the track titles are apparently handled case sensitive in version 1.5. so a lot of data isn't imported only because a part of the mp3-tag differs from the last.fm tag. e.g. "... The .." != "... the ..."
is there an easy way to fix this in the script?
Wasn't actually aware of this issue, thanks!

errOr wrote:I get three error messages when I try to run the script:

The first one reads: 'You have error, a character was found in the text that wasn't valid'
The second one: 'Running error of Microsoft VBscript, object required - blah blah'
And the third: 'Error happened / Required object'.

I'm running MM 3.0.3 & the last version of the script, on Win XP.
Any chance you could PM me your last.fm username? It's likely to do with non standard characters in the XML. There is a chance this won't be fixable due to Microsofts XML parser not playing nice with international characters, but there may be a workaround. (or it may just be my script :P )
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

' Changes: 1.6
' - Fix: No longer case sensitive for track names
' - Fix: Error messages on timeouts are more helpful

======================================================
Download:
http://psykar.com/scripts/LastFmImport.mmip
======================================================
errOr

Post by errOr »

Sure, my last.fm username is SinDenial & most of the tracks I can imagine the script having trouble with should be Greek [although I do listen to a fair bit of music in other languages].