Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Batch Art Finder 3.0 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added extra debug messaging and timestamps
- Fixed errors when track path is not a file path
- Removed previous workaround for FLAC and OGG files
- Fixed option to process albums with artwork
- Fixed "still executing last request" errors
- Fixed "starting a transaction while some query is open" errors
- Fixed "access denied" errors
- Fixed multiple searches happening concurrently
- Added option to automatically try next images after saving
- Added links to select all/none/inverse and try next image for all
- Fixed using default image in case of error
- Added check for images downloading as html error pages
- Fixed using set image display size breaks min/max width/height options
- Added update server to installation package

This release, as far as I'm aware, fixes all of the known issues. It does not include many of the new functionality requests I've had, these are still on my list to implement I just thought I'd get this more stable version out to make sure all the problems have been fixed. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nithall

Post by nithall »

I want to thank you Trixmoto for your work, Ver. 3.0 works flawlessly.
Just got album art for almost 2,000 tracks, with no problems thanks for the script its amazing!!!! :D :D

Peace Nithall
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Music to my ears!! :D
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

Hey Trix,

I updated and gave it a go (thanks for all your hard work)

Anyway, after running on "A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step" it would load up a broken image rather than the great quality one in the preview. By clicking next image it would download a better one, but what's with it not loading the one I see in the preview properly?

Sadly, I also still get that Inet error when running it on several albums at once. What would you like me to do to get a better idea of what's triggering the error?

Cheers!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Assuming you are using images from Google, the preview version is Google's cached thumbnail and the broken image is the original. In the next version I plan to download the cached version if the original is broken, but this is one of the enhancements that I decided not to include in this version. You shouldn't be able to get the "Inet" error because it is trapped and dealt with silently. You're still getting a message box appear?
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

After looking at the script installed, it seems to be 2.8 still. I installed from the update exe link on your website: http://trixmoto.net/mm/go.php?f=BatchArtFinder28.exe you should update that to 30 :)

I shall try out the mmip
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

Why does the script save the tags even though I have defined the storage type as "Download file (don't tag)" ? I have also unchecked the "update tags when editing properties" from Tags & Playlist options.
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@duckwilliamson - the EXE is for MM2 and the MMIP is for MM3. I am no longer updating my scripts for MM2 therefore the EXE will remain on the last version (2.8.) until I eventually decide to remove these links completely.

@mohikaani - this script forces a write tags because otherwise the artwork is not properly stored, but it should not do in that storage mode. I will investigate and see if this can be fixed in the next version.
ejperry09

Post by ejperry09 »

TRIX -
I love what you've done here conceptually but I'm really struggling bigtime to get this Batch Art Finder 3.0 to work properly for me.

Here's my situation. I have about 13,000 songs and I wanted to make sure that all of the artwork was as fresh as possible. I selected all the songs in MM and deleted any/all album artwork associated with every song. Next, I installed your Album Art Tagger to make sure the artwork was deleted from everything. However, now when I try and use the Batch Art Finder I can't get anything.

I've selected 500 songs. I go up to the top menu and click on Batch Art Finder under Tools>Scripts. I then get prompted by a message saying: "there are no albums with missing artwork, do you want to process albums with artwork?". I click Yes and am prompted again by a message saying: "all albums have been processed". Nothing has happened. My settings for Batch Art Finder under Options are as follows:

Storage Type: Save in Tag
Panel Type: Stay-on-top
Source: images.google.com
Image Size: Large
File Mask: <paths>\<album>
Extra: ((Blank))
Batch Limit: 500
File Types: jpg
Min Width: 0; Max Width: 9999
Min Height: 0; Max Height: 9999
Selection: All Albums
After Saving: Click Next
*I have checkmarks next to "Add run button to the standard toolbar" and "Start all images as ticked to be saved"

========

Please get back to me as soon as you get a chance. I've really been fighting with this thing lately and I just want to get album art saved to every song and album on my iPod. Thanks for any help.

Best,
ejperry
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmm, can you please ensure that your tags are sychronised? When MM checks for album art it always checks the file, not the library, so whilst you may have removed the artwork from the library it might still be in the files.
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

Hey! I have this thing setup mostly by all the defaults... when I play a song with no album, the batch art finder window comes up... save is checked by default as i have always have it... and it seems to be on a continuous loop of scrolling through everything it seems to find, but never stopping on any image. i get the blank square place holders.. then the [queued] or [searching] messages.. then more placeholders, over and over... SOME times it stops on one of the found images... (i do see the little status bar in the bottom flipping between Found: 0/1 and Found 1/1.. then back to 0/1 again... it keeps going like this until i X out of it... ??????? thanks!
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

ok.. seems like it isn't doing it anymore... was perhaps a short lived glitch???
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

when i try using this script i'm getting an error msg;

Cannot find 'file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Jimmy/LOCALS~1/Temp//BatchArtFinder.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

I used this script fine before, but have just installed it on a new computer. I'm thinking maybe i haven't installed it properly, but i can't figure it out...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Keninowpb - well I don't know why it was happening, it certainly shouldn't. I was going to suggest switching on the debug mode, but if it's no longer happening then that's good.

@jimmy - for some reason your %temp% folder appears to be defined with a backslash on the end, which it isn't normally. Try replacing lines 477-478...

Code: Select all

paths.Item("log") = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\BatchArtFinder.log"
paths.Item("htm") = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\BatchArtFinder.htm"
...with this line...

Code: Select all

paths.Item("log") = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"BatchArtFinder.log"
paths.Item("htm") = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"BatchArtFinder.htm"
...and see if that fixes it.
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

trixmoto wrote:@duckwilliamson - the EXE is for MM2 and the MMIP is for MM3. I am no longer updating my scripts for MM2 therefore the EXE will remain on the last version (2.8.) until I eventually decide to remove these links completely.
I tagged my whole collection trix and it worked great. A few albums would return "error" and i'd just click the "next for all" button and they'd all apply. Thanks for a great tool!

@ejperry09: use trix's Album Art Tagger 4.2 to remove all your images from your current collection and it should be fine. I have had no problems updating a LOT of songs.