Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lion

Re: Batch Art Finder 3.0 [MM2+3]

Post by Lion »

trixmoto wrote:@Lion - try including <path> in the file mask.
I already tried this.
for example: if filemask is "<path>abc"

and the mp3 is at
d:\folder1\folder2\file.mp3

then i get the jpg on the root of d: with the filename
"-folder1-folder2-fileabc.jpg"

any ideas???
Greets,
Lion
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this and making your mask "<path>\abc" should give you the results you expect.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lion

Post by Lion »

trixmoto wrote:This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this and making your mask "<path>\abc" should give you the results you expect.
Great, it works now.

Thank you once again for your great tool!
kzuiderveld

Post by kzuiderveld »

I never used Batch Art Finder yet, but I'd like to use it as I have to tag lots of albums with (new) art. Alas, I can't use this script - during installation, MediaMonkey 3.1.1256 reports a crash.

My config is unusual (Windows 7 RC1 running within VMWare Fusion 2.0.4 on a iMac) but I did not encounter any compatibility problems yet.

So there definite are major issues with installation...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script needs to install a Windows DLL to perform the download, I imagine it is this which is crashing.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ajkessel

Post by ajkessel »

I believe some version of this script has corrupted many of my ogg vorbis files. vorbiscomment says "Failed to open file as vorbis: Corrupt secondary header." I haven't been able to find any tool to fix or restore the metadata, and now no editor allows me to edit the ogg metadata. I've tried using other metadata editors as well as oggz-sort. Any ideas how to fix this?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script does not write the tags, it updates the MM database and then asks MM to write the tags. OGG is not a format I'm familiar with so I think you'd be best seeking advice from the "Need Help" section. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
DocWeini

Post by DocWeini »

Hi all,

I like the idea of this script, but I don't know if it works for my needs.

I always save my artwork as *.jpg in the subfolder of the album. My music files are organized this way:
W:\Musik\<Artist:1>\<Artist>\(<Year>) <Album>\<Track#:2> - <Song Title>.mp3
with all album art saved in the last subfolder.
I have NO tracks with album art in the tags (and I don't want/need this).

During the last two hours I tried to make the script save the artwork in the correct place, but always end up with the files saved in the root directory of 'W:\' (example: Musik-B-BATHORY-(1988) Blood Fire Death-Blood Fire Death.jpg).

By now I have 4000 albums without artwork, so I urgently need a hint how to save the artwork in the correct subfolder.

Hope someone can help me.
Thx :-)
MM v4.0.7.1511 Gold
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The top post on this page should help you out...
trixmoto wrote:This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this and making your mask "<path>\abc" should give you the results you expect.
pacard

Post by pacard »

Kevinowpb wrote:Hey! I have this thing setup mostly by all the defaults... when I play a song with no album, the batch art finder window comes up... save is checked by default as i have always have it... and it seems to be on a continuous loop of scrolling through everything it seems to find, but never stopping on any image. i get the blank square place holders.. then the [queued] or [searching] messages.. then more placeholders, over and over... SOME times it stops on one of the found images... (i do see the little status bar in the bottom flipping between Found: 0/1 and Found 1/1.. then back to 0/1 again... it keeps going like this until i X out of it... ??????? thanks!
I am having the same problem and seem to be able to consistently duplicate it.
Windows XP SP2
MM v3.1.0.1256
BAF v3.0

Tools/Options/BAF Settings: when I change MIN WIDTH & MIN HEIGHT to anything over 300 pixels, the problem occurs. If I set these figures to 300 for each of them, I have no problems. I would like to build my album art catalog at 500x500. When it starts looping images, the PAUSE button doesn't work either. Very frustrating. been trying to fix it all day thinking it was me (heck, it may still be me :) but I'm starting to think otherwise). Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Also, is there a way to search images from Amazon instead of Google?

Looking forward to unleashing the POWER!

Regards,
pc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My new theory is that the images are not loading fully before they are checked so the dimension check tends to fail once images get to a certain average size. I'll try to replicate this and fix in the next version.
GeWi

Post by GeWi »

The script perfectly finds images, but when I check one or more suggested images, nothing really happens. The only thing Batch Art Finder does is responding with 'Error :('.
Any suggestions?

My configuration:
- Latest build of MM (3.1.0.1256)
- Vista SP1
- Latest version of Batch Art Finder (freshly downloaded and installed)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you post a screenshot of the options pane please?
pacard

Post by pacard »

How do I post the screen shot? I know how to capture it but I can't seem to paste it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can either email it to me, or to post it you'd need to upload it to somewhere like ImageShack and then post the link to it.