Best way to add a cd to MM

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry Strnad

Best way to add a cd to MM

Post by Barry Strnad »

I have a cd that I want to add to the MM. What is the best way to do that. I can get MM to play the cd, it just dosent want to add it.
Zeke129

Re: Best way to add a cd to MM

Post by Zeke129 »

Barry Strnad wrote:it just dosent want to add it.
What happens when you attempt to rip the CD?
Barry Strnad

Post by Barry Strnad »

If I go to the "rip CD" in the tools drop down menu, it brings up a box that has destination and source file folders. The destination colum is in red and they all say "F:\.mp3" the source file colum says E:\track.cda.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You will need to define a mask to create a filename as currently you don't have a filename configured. You can use something like <Artist> - <Track#> - <Title>
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try these steps:

Solution 1 (when you RIP CDs to HDD):
1. Insert CD (after insertation you should be able to see it in Tree)
2. Select/Click on CD in Tree and you should be see tracks in Track View
3a. If tracks are shown as track 01..track xx then: Select All tracks -> Right click -> properties -> Enter Album Name -> OK
3b. If track info is populated with info from FreeDB Select All track
4. Right click -> Auto Tag from Web and deselect all info except Artist, Album, Year and Title (You can't assign Album art for Audio CD that is not in Library)
5. Click on RIP icon in toolbar
6. Set Destination Mask (like c:\My music\<Album Artist>\<Year> <Album>\<Track#:2> <Artist> - <Title>), Destination Format (MP3, FLAC, WMA,...) and Press OK
7. Go to destination (c:\My music\<Album Artist>\<Year> <Album>\<Track#:2> <Artist> - <Title>) Select All track -> Analyze Volume
8. Select All track -> Auto-Tag from Web -> And add Album art to Tracks/Folder

You are done.

Solution 2 (When you Catalog your CDs)
1. Insert CD (after insertation you should be able to see it in Tree)
2. Right click on CD in Tree -> Add Rescan to library
3. Select/Click on CD in Library Tree and you should be see tracks in Track View
4a. If tracks are shown as track 01..track xx then: Select All tracks -> Right click -> properties -> Enter Album Name -> OK
4b. If track info is populated with info from FreeDB Select All track
5. Right click -> Auto Tag from Web and select all info that you would like to be gathered for selected CD
6. Rename Library tree node to more easier Name (Like "CD0001 U2 - The Best Of"
7. Now If you want that some tracks are listenable/burnable/synchable while CD is not inserted Select those tracks and Click on Add to VitualCD Icon of Advanced Toolbar
8. Eject CD and you will be able to listen tracks you saved into VirualCD without inserting CD

Most users prefer Solution 1, but I personally prefer Solution 2. Actually Solution 2 was the reason why I started to use MediaMonkey back in 2003.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts