Sorting of Scandinavian characters [#5820]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

frodon

Sorting of Scandinavian characters [#5820]

Post by frodon »

Got a bit of a problem with artists starting with the scandinavian characters Æ, Ø, Å

I have never had any problems with these characters in Mediamonkey before. Artists starting with Æ, Ø and Å has always appeared at the bottom of the library where they belong.

However I have recently bought myself a new PC, and suddenly the Å's are sorted with the A's. God knows where the Ø's and Æ's have gone... :D

I guess the problem might be that I upgraded to Windows 7 (english language version). Previously I used Norwegian Windows XP.

Have anyone else run into this problem, and is there a way to fix it?
Bex

Re: Sorting of Scandinavian characters

Post by Bex »

Check your regional settings and make sure you have Norwegian selected there. If that doesn't work I guess it's a bug in Windows 7...
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
frodon

Post by frodon »

All the regional settings are set to Norwegian.

Even managed to install a language pack that changed the main display language to Norwegian.

Unfortunately Mediamonkey still treats Å as an A

Guess it's a Windows 7 bug, but if anyone finds a solution I would be grateful...
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,

Is this not by design within MediaMonkey, so searching for Motörhead also finds Motorhead?

Daz
Zeke129

Post by Zeke129 »

Maybe they took my suggestion and changed it. Not being Scandinavian, I'd actually prefer those characters to be with the English ones that they resemble and said so on the forums. Sowwy. :lol:

Perhaps a toggle in the settings menu is in order?
frodon

Post by frodon »

DazB wrote: Is this not by design within MediaMonkey, so searching for Motörhead also finds Motorhead?
I don't think so, since I used exactly the same Musicmatch-version on XP, and it did not sort that way there..
frodon

Post by frodon »

Zeke129 wrote:Perhaps a toggle in the settings menu is in order?
I agree that would be a good idea...
Bex

Post by Bex »

Where in MM do you see this incorrect sorting? E.g. In Title tree, main window, etc..
How does Windows 7 sort files in Explorer?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
frodon

Post by frodon »

Bex wrote:Where in MM do you see this incorrect sorting? E.g. In Title tree, main window, etc..
How does Windows 7 sort files in Explorer?
It's both in the Title tree and the main window. You can see in the picture below. The song "Æ e trønder æ" is sorted as Æ was an A (crap song but good example :D )

However in Windows 7 explorer, the same song is sorted at the bottom as it should be

Bex

Post by Bex »

All My Scripts
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Frodon,

I'm unable to reproduce your inconsistency (sorting in MM vs in Explorer). What Windows 7 version you're using (BETA, RC, final) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643