Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

holterpolter

Re: Magic Nodes 3.0 w/ 245 masks & real GUI (2009-09-08) [MM2+3]

Post by holterpolter »

Is it possible to create a node with files which genre matches not white list of genres?
i got a white list of genres in a comma separated textile like this "a capalla,...,country pop, country rock,..,modern rock,..,world fusion".
you see that some words (country, rock) appear several times in the list, but should be treated as seperate genres.
I tried to build an autoplaylist against the list, but ran into 2 problems. First the white list is huge and i want a faster copy & paste solution. Second: at this time not every genre appear in the listbox to tick it.
declan

Post by declan »

Holterpolter that's not really within the scope of Magic Nodes, I suggest that you start a new thread in Need Help with Addons?

I haven't had an answer to this question -
declan wrote:Is there a way to display an artist by "span"? ie the difference between the oldest and newest recording.

The best I can do is -

Code: Select all

Most Years|Show tracks:yes|icon: top level|Child of:Year|Filter:<Year> Between 1870 And 2070\<album artist|Sort by:Count(Year) Desc|Show rank:Yes|Top:100|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Min(Year), Max(Year), Count(Year)>\<Year>

Which shows the artists that I have music from that was recored in the greatest number of years. But I want to be able to list someone whose career spanned 50 years (even if there are only tracks in 1959 and 2009 and nothing in between) ahead of artists who've I got tracks by from every year between 1960 and 2009.
Does anyone have any ideas?
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

holterpolter wrote:Is it possible to create a node with files which genre matches not white list of genres?
i got a white list of genres in a comma separated textile like this "a capalla,...,country pop, country rock,..,modern rock,..,world fusion".
you see that some words (country, rock) appear several times in the list, but should be treated as seperate genres.
I tried to build an autoplaylist against the list, but ran into 2 problems. First the white list is huge and i want a faster copy & paste solution. Second: at this time not every genre appear in the listbox to tick it.
you could modify one of the nodes that was included in a recent update:

<Group|Name:Filter examples|Show tracks:No>\Genre is not "Blues" nor "Rock" nor unedfined|Filter:<Genre> NOT IN ('Blues', 'Rock')|Icon:Top level\<Genre|Statistic:Count(Album artist), Count(Album)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(Album)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All)>
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

I cannot get the Split By-function working correctly. My mask is:

custom 4 split\<Custom 4|Split by:;|Split part:-1>\<Artist>
I have multi items in Custom 4 fields e.g. Alternative; Alternative Rock; Progressive Rock. I would like to see these tracks in each node, not just the first one (Alternative). Is this intentional? Is it possible to get it working the way I wanted. I noticed that it works with "Multi Genre" field.

Edit:
actually I noticed that if my mask is:

genre split\<Genre|Split by:;|Split part:-1>\<Artist>
It works correctly but if the mask is:

Multi Genre split\<Multi Genre|Split by:;|Split part:-1>\<Artist>
it does not work.
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)

Post by Guest »

mohikaani wrote:I cannot get the Split By-function working correctly. My mask is:

custom 4 split\<Custom 4|Split by:;|Split part:-1>\<Artist>
I have multi items in Custom 4 fields e.g. Alternative; Alternative Rock; Progressive Rock. I would like to see these tracks in each node, not just the first one (Alternative). Is this intentional? Is it possible to get it working the way I wanted.
You could try with "; " instead of ";" in your mask:

custom 4 split\<Custom 4|Split by:; |Split part:-1>\<Artist>
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

Guest wrote:You could try with "; " instead of ";" in your mask:

custom 4 split\<Custom 4|Split by:; |Split part:-1>\<Artist>
Thank you! I didn't notice that...
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
LikeMM

Post by LikeMM »

Hi ZvezdanD,

I would like to create a magic node for the case below:

TITLE       CUSTOM1       ARTIST
abcdefg      xyz                jkl
abcd          xyz                mno
abcdefg      xyz                pqr
Though all the songs have the same custom1 field, the second song's title is different and needs to be flagged. I have many such custom1 & title combinations (custom1 is the classical music scale of the song). I have hundreds of songs in each scale. I want to flag those songs that have the same scale and are the same song (though sung by different artists) but the titles mismatch because of spelling mistakes, etc. I tried with 'group by', but that puts the song with different spelling in a different group. I want the two or more different spelling groups in one classification like so.

Magic NODE                   tree entries
problem songs 
  --> xyz                        abcdefg        (two of the identical grouped together)
                                   abcd

Hope you can help.
declan

Post by declan »

This would put all the songs with the same title & same scale together

Same Songs Same Scale\<Custom 1|Sort by:Count(Tracks) Desc|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Title|Unknown:No|Sort by:Count(Tracks) Desc|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
How is MN or MM to know whether 2 songs are the same but spelt differently or 2 different songs with similar names, you could try this?

Same Songs Same Scale\<Session|Sort by:Count(Tracks) Desc|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Title|Unknown:No|Sort by:Count(Tracks) Desc|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Trim:6>
Which gives the first six letters of the title.
LikeMM

Post by LikeMM »

Hi,

Thanks!

I achieve the first with this mask already:

Scale-Count|Statistic:Count(tracks)|SQL Filter: Songs.Custom1 IN (SELECT Custom1 FROM Songs WHERE Length(Custom1) > 1 GROUP BY Custom1 HAVING Count(ID) > 0)\<Ragam|Sort by:Count(All)|sort order: desc>
Your second mask gives me a 'mask not correct' error. I couldn't fix it. I am using MN 1.8.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

You really should update to the latest version. :)
Stop Button Freak
declan

Post by declan »

1.8 is a year old Zevzedan has added lots in the meantime.
Kirinor

Post by Kirinor »

Problem in the user interface with MagicNodes - Can't find the Create/Edit/Delete node options in the Edit menu.

I originally installed new 3.1.1.1261 MediaMonkey on my Windows XP SP2 and right after that installed the 1.3b version of the MN. It caused several errors and freezes(like SQL problems), so I went searching and found the new, 3.03 version. Installed, but forgot to uninstall the 1.3b version first. I went and deleted the MagicNodes1.3b.vbs file from Auto folder (as said in Uninstall section for the 1.3b version) but then several options disappeared from the Edit menu. Now I can't create new nodes :(

I have tried uninstalling MediaMonkey and the script, together with deleting the Settings folder in ApplicationSettings. No luck. Do you have any ideas?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

The buttons are at the bottom of the Edit box, if you cannot see them resize the box to make it bigger.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Kirinor

Post by Kirinor »

The Edit box near the File,View,Play,Tools menus? Don't know how to resize it, does not seem possible.
There are only two items - Magic Nodes Settings... and Magic Nodes Export/Import. I have found out that new nodes can be created using the Settings dialog, so no big loss, no help needed anymore.

I just wonder how it happened - where in the program was that bug that caused the menu items to disappear. Maybe in the new version those items were removed, as they can be used in the Settings?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I am a little confused... If you want to create/edit/delete nodes you use the Magic Nodes Options box which is accessible from Edit -- Magic Nodes Settings. What is missing??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files