Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lord86

Re: Monkey Rok 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Lord86 »

there is no blank line. i tried all other languages and i got this error everywhere except english. so i tried to delete every language except german, but english is still selectable in the options. maybe it's a problem with windows 7 because on my old os it was running fine.
Lord86

Post by Lord86 »

sorry for the double post, but i found something. i changed in the monkeyrok.vbs the line

Code: Select all

edt.AddItem("English")
to

Code: Select all

edt.AddItem("German")
and now i got in the language options german two times and if i'm choosing the first one it's working without an error.
Lord86

Post by Lord86 »

sorry again for posting again. but now i'm registered and hope that i can change my post if i find something new :oops:

the code change wasn't helping because the language is still english. but i found the reason, i'm using the vitreousblue skin and because of that i need the right skin for monkeyrok. when i download the skin for monkeyrok from here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=30102 and install it, i always get the error. after installing it doesn't matter what skin i'm trying to use, i get it everywhere.
locu

Post by locu »

I have a problem with MonkeyRok and artists including the character ' leading to the following error message:
"There was a problem querying the database: Error executing SQL "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='stereo mc's'" : near "s": syntax error (1, 1)"

As sth. similar already was discussed before by guest and Vyper, I tried to solve the problem by modifying the sql query on line 175 of the functions.vbs, however unfortunately the behavior does not change. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
locu.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Lord86 - english is the first language and is hardcoded, you cannot change that easily. The other languages are all loaded from the files in the folder. I'm not sure why the OS could affect this - I've double checked the language files and they're all fine here.

Is anyone else having problems with language files in MR?

@locu - I'll get this fixed in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lord86

Post by Lord86 »

the language file is not the reason. it's the vitreousblue skin for monkeyrok. after i install it, i always get an error when i start mediamonkey. at the moment i don't have the skin installed and everything is working fine.
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

if i open media monkey, the monkey rok has always biography and similar artists unfolded. but i want them to be closed. is there any possibility to make a proper adjustment?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

You could go to Tools -> Options -> MonkeyRok Settings and set External Panels 1 & 2 to 'None'. (or whichever panels you have set for those two)
Stop Button Freak
Robokopi

Post by Robokopi »

umh...but then these panels disappear. i want them to see, but they should only expand if i click on them and not automatically from the start on.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Ah, okay. I should have checked before replying. Mine stays closed if I close them then restart. Not sure why yours doesn't.
Stop Button Freak
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

It would be nice to see a feature for loving the track in last.fm. It seems that they provide an API for this. ;)
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You'll be pleased to hear this is already on my list for the next version! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

Nice to hear indeed! :) Great script btw..!
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

I was just listening away when suddenly this came up during shuffle play of my library:

There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='Guns N' Roses'
":near "Roses":syntax error(1,1)

I can select Guns N' Roses songs to play and they play but each time this error appears.

I mentioned this to MM support and they said it was a Monkey Rok scripting issue. What can I do about it? Seems to only happen with Guns N Roses.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Looks to be a case of the Artist name not being escaped. The apostrophe is causing the error, since the value is surrounded by apostrophes, if I'm not mistaken..