RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 3.6 w/ 101 presets (2009-07-02)[MM2+3]

Post by Guest »

Rojer wrote:is the ['] subject to an escape sequence (\') ?
No, the single quote doesn't need an escape character. Actually, you are trying to modify the preset "Fix common words", not "Fix common part_of_words". This is because there is \b on the begin of the Find what string. So, if you want to use same preset for your needs, you should add |(in')\B on the end of the string, i.e. instead of:

Code: Select all

\b(?:([Ii]m)|([Ii]ll)|(dont)|(wont)|(aint)|(isnt)|(cant)|(in'))\b
it should be:

\b(?:([Ii]m)|([Ii]ll)|(dont)|(wont)|(aint)|(isnt)|(cant))\b|(in')\B
However, I don't know why you need such thing. I think if the author of a song wanted in' instead of ing, you should respect that.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Guest wrote:I think if the author of a song wanted in' instead of ing, you should respect that.
I'm with you on this. 'Correcting' a song title to something other than what the author intended no longer makes it that author's song imo.
Stop Button Freak
qdrop

Post by qdrop »

hello there!

I've a small little question:

which rule is required to get rid of all brackets in the title-field? ()[]{}....

best regards

qdrop :-)
DeathAxe

BUG-Report

Post by DeathAxe »

BFound an issue with this plugin:

Today I tried the following operation:
1. Filter all files from DB, which contain '80s' in path, filename or genre
2. Select all filtered files
3. Open Regexp Find & Replace
4. Replace (^.*) with 80s;$1 which I expected to prepend '80s' to the genre field of all files

This seems to work for about 120 files, when a message dialog opens, telling me something about: "There is an issue with the sql query: Error executing SQL statement." I tried it several times, getting long long SQL error dialogs. Aborting the operation is also not possible. I need to kill MediaMonkey!

I think the issue might be caused by empty genre fields.

Regards
franknitty69

Post by franknitty69 »

Hello,

I'm trying to swap comment with grouping. i can't get the syntax right. can someone please help?

thanks,

a
Usual Suspects Entertainment
We make the crowd move
www.djnyce.com

Post by Guest »

Hello

first of all thank you for this wonderful script. I use it very often. The presets are great.
I learned a little bit of regular expressions, but now I want to do the following:

I have a lot of files which are tagged like this:

Artist: 32nd Avenue
Title: Time goes by (130 BPM)
now I want RegExp to search for the " (130 BPM)" in the title of a track. I already figured out this would do that:

\s\([0-9]{2,3}\sBPM\)
Now I want RegExp to delete " (130 BPM)" from the title tag and put the BPM value ("130" in this case) in the BPM tag field.

Can someone help me with that, please?

Thanks a lot

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:put the BPM value ("130" in this case) in the BPM tag field.
Find what ^.* Into BPM, Replace with [0-9]{2,3}(?=\sBPM\)) From Title, RegExp 1 and 2 checked.
Guest wrote:delete " (130 BPM)" from the title tag
Find what \s\([0-9]{2,3}\sBPM\) Into Title, Replace with empty string.

Post by Guest »

Find what ^.* Into BPM, Replace with [0-9]{2,3}(?=\sBPM\)) From Title, RegExp 1 and 2 checked.
Find what \s\([0-9]{2,3}\sBPM\) Into Title, Replace with empty string.
Ok thank you very much.
Mickey84

Post by Mickey84 »

Hello,

It would be very nice if this great script could execute some presets in a batch. Large library management would be much easier with this functionality.

Thanks,
Mickey
Champ19

Post by Champ19 »

First off, awesome scripts!

I have many songs where the Artist and Album have the same information. In general, the Artist is correct and the Album name just has the artist duplicated. There are some instances where this is correct (ie self-titled albums) but in most it is not.

I'm trying to remove the Album tag info when this occurs. Tried modifying some of the presets to do something like this in VBScript mode without success:
IIf(oSongData.Album) = (oSongData.Artist),"", "$&")

Thoughts?

Post by Guest »

Champ19 wrote:I have many songs where the Artist and Album have the same information. I'm trying to remove the Album tag info when this occurs.

IIf(oSongData.AlbumName = oSongData.ArtistName,"", "$&")
Champ19

Post by Champ19 »

Many thanks - works perfectly.

Is there any way to do a Find using this expression or something similar? I'd like to narrow down the list I'm working with as trying to run this on 10K+ songs would get tedious quick. Basically the Find would bring up a list of only those songs that have Album and Artist strings matching and then I could pick out the ones that need to be changed easier.
Champ19

Post by Champ19 »

Hmmm... another question after playing around a bit:

I have a bunch of files with a Path similar to this:
M:\Mp3\Incoming\_Billboard Top 100\Billboard Top 100 Hits of 1991\079 - Chris Isaak - Wicked Game.mp3

The Artist field for these files is empty and I would like to populate it with the artist name extracted from the path. I tried using something similar to the "Assign the Artist name from the part of the Title" script with no luck. I'd prefer a RegEx over VBScript if possible. Since the format is the same on all of them I know I can just extract the part between the dashes but can't seem to find the right RegEx to do that.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Use AutoTag from Filename with mask "<Track#> - <Artist> - <Title>" or,
If you just want to update the Artist, then, mask "<skip> - <Artist> - <skip>"
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Champ19

Post by Champ19 »

Thanks Owyn - didn't know about the masking bit. 100 kinds of awesome.

Still curious as to whether or not there is any way to do a more advanced find for the matching album/artist thing.