MM 4 Alpha Testing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

GD

Re: MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by GD »

Wish I could say the same. There are known issues / numerous posts regarding Win 7 freezes. Many folks can use MM to organize music but not link to any cd functionality.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

I love MM, my biggest beef is the many IPOD disabilities it has. The lack of video support for my IPOD, the fact that I fairly regularly have to rebuild my IPOD database after using it with MM, or if I edit tags directly on my IPOD with MM then it messes up the metatags to where it loses the location info for my album art. :(
TankCR
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

kristopher.roy wrote:I love MM, my biggest beef is the many IPOD disabilities it has. The lack of video support for my IPOD, the fact that I fairly regularly have to rebuild my IPOD database after using it with MM, or if I edit tags directly on my IPOD with MM then it messes up the metatags to where it loses the location info for my album art. :(
ipod software is company owned meaning only apple programers can write code for it when they are at work or on their own closed system computers so nobody can steal the code from apple.

which means that all third party programs that use or allow the use of apple stuff have to buy a lic to do so then they get the code for what they want to do and only that code. making their apps costly to their customers.

all other apps that don't charge for it. get the code by reverse enginerning and only part of the code doing it that way. the rest is figured out as they goe making it very hard to get their programs to do everything that the apple programs can do. and they only advertise works with ipods because they do work with them just not completely.

i don't feel like paying a couple hundred dollars for mediamonkey just to have it go to apple for the lic. to use their code.
so most the stuff here at mediamonkey is found by trial and error on what to do when writing code for ipod users to get their wanted features working.

knowing all that then maybe if you can program you can help monkey figure out what to make in way of a code that works around the apple code and does the same thing that apple's program does.
the only thing is you can't make a exact copy of apples code so doing the work around will safeguard you from legal fights. but when apple updates their code it means you have to make another work around.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Greg Denning

Post by Greg Denning »

Yea MM is real strong on music, they don;t focus on video. But it's stil the best out there... I love it for the folder layout and podast synching. It works great with my gen 5 nano. But 3.2 is not comaptible with many Win 7, 64 b systems when it come sto burning or even using a cd /dvd drive.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

Greg Denning wrote:Yea MM is real strong on music, they don;t focus on video. But it's stil the best out there... I love it for the folder layout and podast synching. It works great with my gen 5 nano. But 3.2 is not comaptible with many Win 7, 64 b systems when it come sto burning or even using a cd /dvd drive.
I second the lack of CD rip/burn support. It crashes on the last track
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

Greg Denning wrote:Yea MM is real strong on music, they don;t focus on video. But it's stil the best out there... I love it for the folder layout and podast synching. It works great with my gen 5 nano. But 3.2 is not comaptible with many Win 7, 64 b systems when it come sto burning or even using a cd /dvd drive.
unfortunately can confirm this too, since I run a win7/64b system (core i7), ripping doesn't work reliably anymore. Sometimes I successfully can rip an entire CD, but most of the time what happens is that a few tracks are ripped ok, for the others I get rip error messages, strangely those with error messages show up nevertheless on the track list but usually with an indicated bitrate around 30kb/s. And even more annoying, after such a failed rip, win7 doesn't show my optical drive anymore (a blue-ray r/w drive by the way), it's simply gone from the system, not present in device manager anymore and by no means can be made recognized again other than with a reboot of the system which als doesn't work correctly anymore since shutdown always hangs and only a hard poweroff can bring down the system then.
Long story short, I stopped ripping with mm and instead do it with WinOnCD2010 which rips very reliably on this system.

rgds
/md

Post by Guest »

Will there be fixes for the incredibly slow tagging and copying on Win7?

Or better yet, a OSX version?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

You probably should be more specific about your tagging problems if you would like someone to help you.

As far as the OSX version, this topic has been discussed ad nauseum. You are not alone. Here is some reading for you to start with.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &hilit=mac
--
The gpzbc
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

I had hoped by now we would be seeing the alpha, been months
TankCR

Post by Guest »

gpzbc wrote:You probably should be more specific about your tagging problems if you would like someone to help you.

The tagging problem is exactly like I said, SLOW. Tagging under Windows 7 is incredibly slow taking tens of minutes to tag an album (auto tag). There are numerous posts about this I have seen. Same with copying files. Takes freakin forever to copy files (using auto organize) from one place to another, even on the same NAS drive.

As far as the OSX version, this topic has been discussed ad nauseum. You are not alone. Here is some reading for you to start with.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &hilit=mac
legolad

Post by legolad »

You'd think that after years of seeing it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Here again we see posts from people who - with the cover of internet anonymity - become rude and petulant in their posts about a product that is free. I'm a paying customer and I'm not complaining about the things I don't like.
Why? Several reasons come to mind:
1. for everything I don't like, there are 20 more that I love about MM
2. I know that they are listening and working on the code all the time.
3. The existing feature set and current quality are a bargain at any price less than $50 US
4. I don't post anything that I wouldn't say to someone eye-to-eye

So, before this disintegrates into a flame war or complaint list about what's wrong with 3.2 or how the devs are lazy and not listening to us, I say we nip this in the bud and provide our feedback in a constructive fashion.

This thread started as a request to participate in any alpha testing that might be done. How about we stick to that.

You can report (and comment on) bugs here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

There's also an official Wish List Thread here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=25554

And let's keep it civil out there. We all love this product and we all want to encourage the devs to keep at it. I, for one, couldn't code this myself.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:)
Thank you
--
The gpzbc
70melbatoast

Post by 70melbatoast »

legolad wrote:You'd think that after years of seeing it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Here again we see posts from people who - with the cover of internet anonymity - become rude and petulant in their posts about a product that is free. I'm a paying customer and I'm not complaining about the things I don't like.
Why? Several reasons come to mind:
1. for everything I don't like, there are 20 more that I love about MM
2. I know that they are listening and working on the code all the time.
3. The existing feature set and current quality are a bargain at any price less than $50 US
4. I don't post anything that I wouldn't say to someone eye-to-eye

So, before this disintegrates into a flame war or complaint list about what's wrong with 3.2 or how the devs are lazy and not listening to us, I say we nip this in the bud and provide our feedback in a constructive fashion.

This thread started as a request to participate in any alpha testing that might be done. How about we stick to that.

You can report (and comment on) bugs here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

There's also an official Wish List Thread here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=25554

And let's keep it civil out there. We all love this product and we all want to encourage the devs to keep at it. I, for one, couldn't code this myself.
Very well put. +1 for me.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Few info's on MM 4.0 Alpha version. As freely available on our bug tracker search you can see that v1306 is in internal production.

Here is Estimate what is done for now: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/searc ... atus_id=-2

Here is Estimate for some of To-Do: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/searc ... atus_id=-2

Also there are numerous issues that should be also in bugfix/polished release of MM 3.2.

Note: That this is only on raw codding part without Tech support, Forum responses, Mail responses, Financing, Corresponding, Presentation Meeting, Testing, Debugging, Tweaking, Optimizing, Solving, Research, Licensing,... and lastly but more importantly stay in the evolution by terms of End Quality, Non-Bloating, User Friendliness, Feature Improving/Expanding which our user base expect from us and what we have put before ourselves under name of MediaMonkey 4.0

MediaMonkey 4.0 Alpha is coming much sooner than later. Always remember user support is powerful driving force for all of us in team. Thank you all for that.

P.S. MM 4.0 looks amazing even with all the things that needs to be done/polished and quality assured before public Alpha. BUT I DIDN'T TOLD YOU THAT.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Those are long lists of features and bug/fixes. And there are some very interesting new features in that list.
I can't wait!
--
The gpzbc