Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Zeke129

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 320 masks & real GUI (2010-06-24) [MM

Post by Zeke129 »

I can't wrap my head around this so I'll bother you guys. How would I go about making a node that'll give me one random complete album with an average track rating of 3.5 or higher? Explain as though you were explaining to a chimpanzee. :lol:
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

RE: Songs not in any playlist - both Artist & Album and Artist & Title nodes.

Hi there, I am getting some results that are in playlists. What would cause this? Cheers.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

RE: Complete Albums

I would love it if the Complete Albums node (and any similar node-type that may be applicable) could show the actual number of complete albums. Cheers.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Zeke129 wrote:I can't wrap my head around this so I'll bother you guys. How would I go about making a node that'll give me one random complete album with an average track rating of 3.5 or higher? Explain as though you were explaining to a chimpanzee. :lol:
1. Install Magic Nodes add-on;
2. open Edit \ Magic Nodes Settings dialog box;
3. click on the New button;
4. enter the following string in the Mask text box:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Random|Show tracks:No>\One random Album with average rating >= 3.5 stars|Icon:16|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 AND Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Avg(Rating) >= 70)\<Album with album artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show nodes:No>
5. click on the Add button.

If you want weighted average (where longer tracks have more weight on rating then shorter ones):

<Group|Name:Random|Show tracks:No>\One random Album with weighted average rating >= 3.5 stars|Icon:16|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 AND Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength * Rating) / Sum(SongLength) >= 70)\<Album with album artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show nodes:No>
If you want only complete albums:

<Group|Name:Random|Show tracks:No>\One random complete Album with average rating >= 3.5 stars|Icon:16|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 AND Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 AND Avg(Rating) >= 70)\<Album with album artist|Sort order:Random|Top:1|Show nodes:No>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kiwichick wrote:RE: Songs not in any playlist - both Artist & Album and Artist & Title nodes.

Hi there, I am getting some results that are in playlists. What would cause this? Cheers.
Do you mean on auto-playlists? This node displays only tracks that are not in any static playlist.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kiwichick wrote:RE: Complete Albums

I would love it if the Complete Albums node (and any similar node-type that may be applicable) could show the actual number of complete albums. Cheers.
You should add Statistic:Count(Album with album artist) to the global node:

<Group|Name:Albums...|Show tracks:No>\Complete Albums (with their count)|Icon:Top level|Statistic:Count(Album with album artist)|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3)\<Album with album artist|Statistic:Count(All)>
Is some cases you could add Statistic:Count(Items) instead.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Thanks ZvezdanD,

No they aren't on auto-lists. Actually I got it sorted. I discovered that although my playlist column (via Playlist In Main Window) said they were on a playlists, when I checked the lists, the songs weren't there. This, I think, would've been from when they were added to the list and then I have replaced the original mp3 files with newer versions (does this sound right?). So I just re-added them to the lists the playlist column said they came from and voila! All fixed.

And thanks for the code. I discovered that the Track node 'First track from each complete album' gives the same count but the code you gave is much better!!!!
malachisecretspy

Post by malachisecretspy »

ive been trying to create a node all day.unsuccessfully.maybe it's not even possible.what i would like,is to be able to see any albums with tracks in different groupings?say for instance i had a grouping of songs i liked,and songs i didn't like.and there was one of each on a single album.is there any way to create this node so i can see all the albums this occurs on?cheers for any help i just cant create any more that dont work lol,ill loose my mind.....
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kiwichick wrote:I discovered that although my playlist column (via Playlist In Main Window) said they were on a playlists, when I checked the lists, the songs weren't there.
It seems to me that the Playlist in Main Window add-on has some kind of bug and I think you should report that in its thread.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

malachisecretspy wrote:what i would like,is to be able to see any albums with tracks in different groupings?
You could try this:

<Group|Name:Albums...|Show tracks:No>\Albums with multiple Grouping|Icon:Bottom level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(DISTINCT GroupDesc) > 1)\<Album with album artist>\<Grouping|Statistic:Count(All)>
malachisecretspy

Post by malachisecretspy »

wow thats exactally what i needed.thanks for the awesome speedy reply,you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Thanks again ZvezdanD, But I really do think it was just me mucking up the original tags when I replaced the mp3s. If I find similar behaviour in the future I will report it for sure. I would like to pick your brains further though:

1. Currently MM on alerts for duplicates added to playlists based on title/artist/album so if I add multiple versions of the same title/artist from different albums (eg: the original album and a greatest hits/soundtrack album) I'm not alerted. I would like to be able to show all of my songs without any duplicates based on title/artist.

2. I have auto-playlists that do what I want based on 'Playlist' 'is' and 'Playlist' 'is not' criteria but I would like to edit the MagicNodes "Songs in playlist" and the "Songs not on any playlist" nodes to limit 'any' to 'selected' playlists. As a lot of people do I'm sure, I have songs on playlists for music I listen to but I also have playlists for things like editing (eg: unknown original year, recently added,) and I don't want songs in them to be considered 'in a playlist'. Does that make sense?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kiwichick wrote:I would like to be able to show all of my songs without any duplicates based on title/artist.
I am not sure that understand your requirement, but I think that you should try "Tracks without duplicates and only one track which has duplicates".
kiwichick wrote:I would like to edit the MagicNodes "Songs in playlist" and the "Songs not on any playlist" nodes to limit 'any' to 'selected' playlists.
Again, I am not sure that understand what you really want. How about:
1. select Playlist in the second dropdown list from the Filter control group;
2. select is (or is not) in the third dropdown list from the Filter group;
3. choose a playlist name from the fourth dropdown list from the Filter group;
4. click on the Add button from the Filter group.

For example: Test|Filter:<Playlist> = 'playlist_name'

If you want to specify two or more playlists, you should have Filter something like <Playlist> IN ('first_playlist_name', 'second_playlist_name') or <Playlist> NOT IN ('first_playlist_name', 'second_playlist_name').
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I've created nodes that are expansions of other nodes;

Example this is a current node: Albums with average track ratings >=2 less than 3.
These are only in whole number increments and I thought I would like them to be in .5 increments to narrow the focus. I have been able to successfully create these but I can't see how to get them to show up with the others. The only option seems to be they have to show up at the bottom of the Album Ratings node.

Is there a way to move a node?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rrfpacker wrote:Is there a way to move a node?
Actually, you have two possibilities:
1. open Magic Nodes Settings dialog box and use Move spin-box at the top right corner of the dialog;
or
2. open Magic Nodes Export/Import dialog box, select mask (by click on its row in the table, not with its check box) and use Up and Down buttons.