wishing for an adjustable playback gap

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Eyal

Re: wishing for an adjustable playback gap

Post by Eyal »

Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Norman24

Post by Norman24 »

Guest wrote:some gapless playback just begs for a slight pause. a slider for between 0 to 2 seconds would be really nice. or a dropdown with 0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 would work.

I couldn't agree more...

First thing I noticed about this program and it's annoying as hell... Implementing this would make this program as good and way better than others I've used....
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

@Norman24
Did you see Eyal's script?
Eyal wrote:Silence Between Songs script: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 75&start=0
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

Norman24 wrote:First thing I noticed about this program and it's annoying as hell... Implementing this would make this program as good and way better than others I've used....
I really can't imagine what people are complaining about here. My music plays back with perfect gaps between tracks, just like if I played the original CD.

Most CDs have a silent gap between songs, and when you rip a CD that silence will be included at the end of each track. Then when you play back an album, the original gap between songs will be maintained UNLESS you go to the configuration for the DS output plugin and check the "Remove silence" option or enable crossfading. If you want to have the proper gaps between songs, then simply don't enable either of those options.

When it comes to playing albums which are supposed to be gapless, MediaMonkey handles that for most formats WITHOUT having to check the "Remove silence" option. One format where it doesn't handle gapless playback properly is on MP3 files, but you can simply use the latest MAD input plugin which DOES handle gapless playback perfectly.
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

Guest wrote:some gapless playback just begs for a slight pause. a slider for between 0 to 2 seconds would be really nice. or a dropdown with 0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 would work.
There is a script to do this, but I agree it should be part of the core MM product. I need about 10-15 seconds between songs so dancers can re-partner. So it should just be a number of seconds you type in, not a drop down list that stops at 2 seconds.
redelephant

Post by redelephant »

Eyal wrote:Silence Between Songs script: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 75&start=0
Thanks Eyal, thats BRILLIANT - problem solved! :D
Norman24

Post by Norman24 »

Dreadlau wrote:@Norman24
Did you see Eyal's script?
Brilliant Meistro, just perfect... Thanks so much... :D I've reviewed many programs like this and I must say this is the most straight forward no-nonsense program I've seen to date... And with this script, it is worth the price of MMG alone...
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

On my home theater PC (Windows 10), that script doesn't work more than one time. I use Auto DJ set to que up 1 track ahead and leaving only 5 tracks in the Now Playing list. When I start off the Auto DJ session with a manually selected track, the script works perfectly when going to the next track but playback stops after that 2nd track. If I disable the script, Auto DJ works as expected. I experimented with settings to que up 2 tracks ahead and keep 10 tracks. Results are the same.

Personally I think scripts add an extra level of potential problems so I'm for embedding features into the core product. Seems like the native Crossfade settings dialog would be the perfect place to add a gap option. Instead of a negative value for overlap (crossfade), specify a positive value to increase gap... hopefully compatible with the "remove silence" option defined elsewhere.