How many "lifetime license" users out there?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Sandworm8

How many "lifetime license" users out there?

Post by Sandworm8 »

Hi there,

after using Songbird for the last year or so and getting more and more frustrated about the down-grading that POTI performed with this once good player, I started trying other players/organizers.

So, in the last weeks I tested everything that is out there (iTunes, Winamp, Magix Mp3 Maker, Creative MediaSource, WMP, Clementine, Jajuk, and approx. 10 more), but I always found too many things that I didn't like about them.

Just before giving up my search for the perfect player/organizer, I luckily stumbled over MM again (I had tested it ~2 years ago, but didn't like the look&feel at that time). So I installed the new version of MM, and man, I was literally blown away by the speed, the functionality, the custumizability, basically everything!!!!

So I was playing around some evenings with MM and my 12k collection until late in the night, when I decided it's just the right thing to support this amazing piece of software and get the lifetime license right away.

Right now I'm soo happy with it and my collection is real fun now!

I started this topic to hear about your first encounters and experiences with MM and all the other players/organizers, and why you decided to get "lifetime".
LWSSC

Re: How many "lifetime license" users out there?

Post by LWSSC »

I purchased a lifetime because it is a great product. I tried the free one, but have always felt free was a temporary thing. There has been a lot of work put in, so extended use I feel I should pay for.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Sorry to hear that about songbird it was good competition and great in ideas.

As I said numerous Times "I was in love on first sight", but here is brief history:

Late 2002 or early 2003: I needed better MP3 Organizer than WhereIsIt! (Still not fully replaceable) and I found MM (Songs DB at time).

2003: MediaMonkey 2.0 is born:

late 2003: Love evolved and I got involved in MM project

2004-2007: MM 2.x.x usage/playing/working ...

Dec 2007: The rise of MM 3.x

Dec 2010: Evolution changed! MediaMonkey 4 !!! All the Media with Monkey means serious Monkey Business.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I'm glad that I found MediaMonkey and not Songs-DB as, no offense to jiri, I probably wouldn't have given the program a second glance otherwise.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Don't forget it was 2002! :-) It probably didn't look that bad given it was 8 years ago, software has evolved quite a lot since! Certainly, the new design is much better... :wink:

Jiri
Norman24

Post by Norman24 »

Lifer here recently... I'm just sorry it took so long to get here...
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Oh I see you're sporting the Pulse Skin. <3
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Preximo

Post by Preximo »

Me too... :)
Nola

Post by Nola »

Lifetime license, here. I do have minor complaints about MM, notably that it's somewhat clunky (startup, waiting to populate tracks when switching library nodes, etc). And it certainly isn't as attractive and pleasant to navigate as the new versions of WMP and, to a lesser extent, Winamp. However, those complaints totally pale when compared to just how powerful MM is at organizing my files. Other players boast good organizing/tagging as well (I guess), but I've never encountered such a full-featured application out-of-box. There are other, individual tools that do what I need for free (such as FLAC -> Ogg conversion for portables), but I love having everything I could possibly need in one app instead of hopping from one to the other for specific tasks. Totally worth the few bucks for an app that runs literally whenever my computer is on!

If MM4 gets a more graceful and current GUI, I think it will attract even more users, and therefore eventually more paying customers. Even with some of the communities gorgeous skins, it still feels like it belongs in 2002 and most people I know cite it as the primary reason they don't like it. I think that DreadM's Vision skin goes a long way in making MM beautiful!

Nola

Post by Nola »

Peke wrote:
Dec 2010: Evolution changed! MediaMonkey 4 !!! All the Media with Monkey means serious Monkey Business.
Two things: 1) is MM4 available for beta? Did I miss something? :)

2) I see you have Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack. It's gotta be the best background music EVAR! I put it on whenever I'm 'working' in another app and just let it play through. Have been listening all week!
Peke

Post by Peke »

1) Yes http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... art=0&sd=d

2) Friend bought it for me. I simply can't wait to see movie in 3D
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Nola

Post by Nola »

No idea how I missed this! Thank you! I'm toying with it now.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

I'm a 'lifer' and love MM :D . I've been using MM since March (this year) and still an getting more 'trained' with MM. I seem to have the most trouble importing tracks, getting the names/floders/artwork correct - but I'm learning..... Hopefully MM will continue to be developed and supported and gather a bunch more followers and users. I have reccomended MM to many of my friends.... BTW, I was not happy :-? with any of the competition that I did try......
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

Since I started looking for a way to organize and tag my music, I've been a Lifetime licensee of MediaMonkey.
iTunes was too Apply for me, and the various other programs I was using for tagging didn't do enough.
I don't remember how I found MediaMonkey - maybe on Google or maybe looking at a discussion elsewhere, or a comparison of music management software; I wish I could remember!

But it's seemed a long while - maybe 6 or 7 years at least.

- Tim
MDominik13

Post by MDominik13 »

Lifetime since 2005. Every once in a blue moon, I'll try out new apps to see how they compare. MediaMonkey has yet to be beaten in my opinion. I will agree with Nola that the UI feels a bit old. But none of the "pretty" applications have 1/10th of the power that MediaMonkey does.