MM 4 Alpha Testing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Njugi

Re: MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by Njugi »

Can I ask you, who test MediaMonkey 4 something? :D
Are the MediaMonkey 3 skins compatible with the 4th version, or they have to be optimized?
Thank you for your answers in advance!
vpsaxman

Post by vpsaxman »

Is there a clear walkthrough of the new features somewhere so we can test them all and get the most off this new version?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
ASRock A780
4GB DDR2 333
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Library on two disks : Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB - WDC 640GB
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is the what's new list in the beta download page, but that's it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Njugi wrote:Can I ask you, who test MediaMonkey 4 something? :D
Are the MediaMonkey 3 skins compatible with the 4th version, or they have to be optimized?
Thank you for your answers in advance!
Yes they are compatible. however there might be certain visual glitches (like in the tabs) since they aren't optimized for version 4.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no the mm 3 skins are not compatible.

the main theme and player work. and i believe the float player work. but the micro players don't work and crash mm 4 every time.

i've found out why.

some one for got to tell us that the micro players in mm 4 will be needing the pop up notice included in the micro players mskn file.

and it looks like there might be some name changes on images in it also? not sure on that one.

mm 3 skins other then that will use the main player for the video player. some of us are trying to get a mm 3 skin ready for mm 4. but until the stable version is out and the errors of the skins ironed out i'd not call them compataible just now.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:no the mm 3 skins are not compatible.

the main theme and player work. and i believe the float player work. but the micro players don't work and crash mm 4 every time.

i've found out why.

some one for got to tell us that the micro players in mm 4 will be needing the pop up notice included in the micro players mskn file.

and it looks like there might be some name changes on images in it also? not sure on that one.

mm 3 skins other then that will use the main player for the video player. some of us are trying to get a mm 3 skin ready for mm 4. but until the stable version is out and the errors of the skins ironed out i'd not call them compataible just now.
That's not true, the microplayers in my skins are working fine for MM4. Anyway the microplayer popup isn't a new feature, that was already in mm3.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the micro player popup is hard coded in your micro player's mskn file. i don't have the popup stuff for the micro player in my mm 3 skin. and it won't load so therefor the above of my last post is true don't call me a liar again.

edited in.

okay this is getting really strange.

now not only does it not change to the microplayer in my updated mm 3 skin but now in your default vitrous skin the float player is not showing up it locks mm 4 and then shows me a canvas can not draw error?

i did nothing to your skin.

i did how ever put the popup in to the micro player in my skin and all the no album art images. which they don't show up either?

i'm begging to wonder if the all the new no album art images for mm 4 have to be the same size as yours.?

but why the floatplayer now is not working in your skin is unknown? and why the microplayers refuse to show in my skin
is unknown.
well now it shows it will continue playing the song and showing the count down on the timer. but the background and the buttons don't show up and the switching to it crashes mm 4.
:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:the micro player popup is hard coded in your micro player's mskn file. i don't have the popup stuff for the micro player in my mm 3 skin. and it won't load so therefor the above of my last post is true don't call me a liar again.
I have more than one skin, and I do have other skins where there is no micro player popup. They work fine in MM4. Anyway I never called you a liar, I just said your statement wasn't true.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you also are on win7 are you not?? i have posted in my sig. i'm on windows XP the micro players in my skins and now your skins floatplayer are not working on my systems.

neither are the no album art images in my skins.

wheather you like it or not lowlander saying the statment is a lie but your not calling the poster of the statement a liar is spin. 8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
vpsaxman

Post by vpsaxman »

MM4 is buggy right now. I've had problems with resizing MM, minimizing / maximizing etc. I don't think it has anything to do with skin compatibility. It's just because it's a buggy alpha version, as expected.
Lowlander wrote:No, there is the what's new list in the beta download page, but that's it.
Okay thank you!
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
ASRock A780
4GB DDR2 333
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Library on two disks : Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB - WDC 640GB
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

vpsaxman i know its buggy but the issues with the skins i reported are correct. and i don't like being called a liar.. by anyone as i don't lie.

but anyway here is what i've got so far and no debug log has been triggered by them
execpt the crash when switching to the micro player.

each and every mm 3 skin mine or others, does not work with any of the no album art images.
each and every mm 3 skin mine or others, does not use the main player as the full screen player it uses peke's default no skin, skin
each and every mm 3 skin mine or others, does not use the micro player with or with out the micro popup in the mskn file but after adding the pop up to the microplayers mskn file i did get some timer numbers to show.
the back ground image seems to be trying to show pekes default no skin, skin layout of the buttons for its micro player
but its using all images as dark gray on black and no controls at all this does show a debug report panel i've sent it in before. but it does not seem to be found out the cause yet.

each and every skin mm 3 and mm 4 does not start videos from double clicking in the listview area, it will start the video
but then it will also stop or pause the video? requriering you to click the stop button then the play button to have it play.

each and every mm4 skin installed with mm 4 will not use the mini/ float player it crashes mm 4 / locks up all but mouse
and windows system and puts the alert of canvas can not draw on the screen.

mm 3 skins at one time did show the float player in mm 4 but i have not tested it yet so it might not be working anymore either.

all above errors are on mm 4.0.0.1342
8)