File Maintenance cannot be stopped.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: File Maintenance cannot be stopped.

Post by Lowlander »

MM3 didn't allow to cancel and would also fail on occasion for me. I normally would run the DB_Audit addon before optimizing the database to ensure it would run.
paulmt

Re: File Maintenance cannot be stopped.

Post by paulmt »

Lowlander wrote:MM3 didn't allow to cancel and would also fail on occasion for me. I normally would run the DB_Audit addon before optimizing the database to ensure it would run.
Yes correct, with MM3 the option to cancel during the process is greyed out. With MM4 it isn't but that doesn't matter it does seem to be deactivated but it was only because the whole system locked up and wasn't obviously going anywhere that I realised once in this function there is no sensible way out other than to use task manager and stop the process shutting down MM thereby losing any other information that may not have been saved up to that point.
I have sent in the debug log with several images quiet a while ago now showing how during the lockup my play count went from "0" to "054" and the particular track now can't be played.
I haven't heard back yet.
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,